Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: November 17, 2004|
|1999-2005 F-Super Duty|
2004-2005 F-650, F-750
Some 2004-2005 F-650/750 and 1999-2005 F-Super Duty vehicles may exhibit water entry into the cab through the roof to roof flange seam, at the A-pillars. Customer may describe as water accumulating in the headliner, floor pan or bulkhead area.
The leak may be verified by running water (sheeting the water) over the left and right side roof rail area. If a water leak is identified refer to the following Service Procedure.
|NOTE:||PERFORM THE PROCEDURE ON BOTH THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SIDES OF THE VEHICLE.|
- Open the driver’s door.
- Remove the drip rail weather strip (Figure 1).
Figure 1 – Article 04-23-9
- Inspect for gaps between the roof flange and roof rail flange (Figure 2).
Figure 2 – Article 04-23-9
- Clear debris and dry flanges with compressed air (oil free).
- In all visible gaps, apply Motorcraft Clear Silicone Rubber, TA-32, or equivalent meeting Ford Specification ESB-M4G92-A.
- Allow Silicone Rubber to dry per manufacture’s instructions.
- Reinstall drip rail weather strip.
- Repeat procedure on passenger side of vehicle.
LABOR OPERATION CLAIMING CHART Operation Labor Description Application Time 042309A Apply Silicone To Roof Flange Area (Includes Time To Leak Test And Apply Silicone To Both Sides Of Vehicle) 1999-2005 F250-550
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|TA-32||Motorcraft Clear Silicone Rubber|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|