Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: JULY 23, 1999|
|1999 SUPER DUTY F SERIES|
A “squeaking” noise may be heard from the front springs as they compress during driving on some vehicles. This may be due to debris imbedding between the front spring tip isolators and the front springs.
Replace front spring tip isolators with revised isolators. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Raise the vehicle so that the front axle is allowed to hang freely suspended (lift vehicle by frame).
- Use a prybar to open gap between two (2) leaves.
CAUTION: PRIOR TO STEP 3, IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO REDUCE THE HEIGHT OF THE CENTER BARBED NUB WHICH PROTRUDES THROUGH THE LEAF. CAUTION SHOULD BE TAKEN NOT TO NICK OR GOUGE INTO THE METAL OF THE LEAF.
- Pry out worn tip isolator.
- Using pliers to hold the replacement spring tip isolator on the locator flange and maintaining force on the prybar to keep two (2) leaves separate, position the isolator so that center barbed nub fits into the hole of the lower leaf and the two (2) locator flanges are oriented outboard of the spring.
- Remove prybar and allow leaves to close on each other.
- Follow Steps 2-5 for both front and rear front spring tip isolators.
- Lower vehicle.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F81Z-5586-AA||Front Spring Tip Isolator (Qty. 4)|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|991603A||Replace Front Spring Tip Isolators||0.5 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
304000, 390000, 702100, 790000
Copyright © 1999 Ford Motor Company