Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 5, 2013|
|2011-2012 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 12-6-14 to update Service Labor Time Standards.
Some F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with DTC P0401. This concern may be caused by a restricted exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) cooler core.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Using a scan tool, check all continuous memory DTCs. Is DTC P0401 present with no other EGR system related codes?
- No – this article does not apply, refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual to diagnose this concern.
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- Using a scan tool, perform a key on engine running (KOER) self test. Is DTC P2457 present?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to PC/ED, pin point test W to diagnose DTC P0401.
- Yes – replace the EGR cooler core. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 303-08 for EGR cooler core replacement.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|BC3Z-9V425-A||EGR Cooler Core|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130605A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Check DTCs And Replace The EGR Cooler Core (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||3.2 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|