Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 29, 2011|
|2011 F-250, F-350|
Some 2011 F-Super Duty F-250 / F-350 vehicles equipped with a 6.2L engine built before 4/11/2011 may exhibit a illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P2195 heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) signal biased/stuck lean – bank 1, sensor 1 or DTC P2197 HO2S signal biased/stuck lean – bank 2, sensor 1.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Install Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) and identify the vehicle.
- Check for powertrain control module (PCM) DTCs. Is DTC P2195 or P2197 present?
- If no code is present, discontinue with this procedure and follow normal Workshop Manual (WSM) and Powertrain Control Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) diagnostics.
- If DTCs P2195 or P2197 are present, proceed to Step 3.
- Replace the affected HO2S as indicated by the DTC(s) observed. Refer to WSM Section 303-14 for Removal and Installation details.
- Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 72.04 and higher or 73.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.5 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|110624A||2011 F-Super Duty 250/350 6.2L: Check DTCs, Replace The Right HO2S, And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.7 Hr.|
|110624B||2011 F-Super Duty 250/350 6.2L: Check DTCs, Replace The Left HO2S, And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.8 Hr.|
|110624C||2011 F-Super Duty 250/350 6.2L: Check DTCs, Replace Both Left And Right HO2S, And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.9 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company’s on-line technical resources.
Copyright © 2011 Ford Motor Company