Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: APRIL 8, 1996|
|1996 BRONCO, F-150-350 SERIES|
Insufficient A/C cooling may occur on some vehicles. This may be due to a molded post blocking the blend door from traveling to the full cool position.
Remove the molded post from the interior of the evaporator core housing that blocks blend door travel. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Verify the insufficient cooling concern.
- Check the date code on the heater core cover. If date code is 6B05B or 6B06B, proceed to Step 3. If date code is any other, diagnose as outlined in the 1996 F-150/Bronco Service Manual, Section 12-03A.
- Check for full blend door travel. If blend door travels freely to both the full warm and full cool positions, diagnose as outlined in the 1996 F-150/Bronco Service Manual, Section 12-03A. If the blend door does not travel freely to full cool, perform the following:
- Remove the evaporator housing by referring to the 1996 F-150/Bronco Service Manual, Page 12-03A-42.
- Working through the opening in the evaporator core housing to the temperature blend door inlet, cut, grind, or snip the molded post that blocks blend door travel. Make sure it is flush to the case.
- Remove the debris from the evaporator housing.
- Reinstall the evaporator housing assembly.
- Verify the repair.
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|960813A||Remove Molded Post Within Evaporator Case||1.5 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
208000, 208200, 208300, 208999