Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: March 25, 2013|
|2013 F-150, F-Super Duty|
Some 2013 F-Super Duty and F-150 vehicles equipped with SYNC and/or MyFord Touch built on or before 1/15/2013 may exhibit a voice prompt indicating SYNC Services Traffic, Directions or Information (TDI) is unable to locate the vehicle or a Global Position System Module (GPSM) concern. MyFord Touch equipped vehicles with navigation may exhibit a screen message indicating Navigation Stopped Functioning – Contact your dealer, GPSM has red strike through X, Navigation Unavailable is displayed in the upper right hand corner of the display screen, the last known vehicle location may be displayed instead of current location, or the vehicle location may be displayed as off road from the current vehicle position.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the concern.
- Vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch, identify software level from touch screen. All other SYNC systems proceed to Step 8.
- Touch the Settings icon (Gears).
- Touch Help from menu.
- Touch System Information from menu and record the Customer Central Processing Unit Software Version (CCPU S/W Version).
- Is the software version at 4.29.12285 or higher?
- Yes – using the scan tool and Professional Technician Society (PTS) website, reconfigure the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) as-built data using Custom Programming by proceeding to Step 3.
- No – the software version must be at 4.29.12285 or higher to proceed. Check for any open service articles before proceeding.
- Connect scan tool, open PTS, select Read VIN and DTCs.
- From PTS, select the SYNC drop-down from the OASIS tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the SYNC page, select the Custom bubble, select Read SYNC. Tool will gather module data and display available software for installation.
- Select the bubble for currently installed assembly indicated by the check marks for Vehicle Interface Processor (VIP), Consumer Interface Processor (CIP) and Assembly, select Continue at the bottom of page. No applications should be selected during this programming procedure.
- Select Program SYNC, follow on screen prompts to complete APIM programming.
- Reprogram the GPSM to the latest calibration using IDS release 83.03 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130316A||2013 F-Super Duty And F-150 Without MyFord Touch: Follow Service Procedure To Reprogram The GPSM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.2 Hr.|
|130316B||2013 F-Super Duty And F-150 With MyFord Touch: Follow Service Procedure To Reconfigure APIM, Reprogram The GPSM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.3 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|