Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: November 17, 2011|
|2011-2012 F-Super Duty|
Some 2011-2012 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a non-power take-off (PTO) automatic transmission may exhibit high shift efforts due to mud or snow packing around the transmission shift lever area. Typically found on vehicles operating in extreme mud or snow environments, allowing debris to accumulate on underbody components.
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the concern.
- Place the vehicle in neutral and position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Workshop Manual, Section 100-02.
- Inspect transmission shift cable and lever area for debris, clean if necessary.
- Position the selector lever into the drive position.
- Disconnect the selector lever cable from the manual control lever.
- Remove the selector lever cable from the bracket.
- Remove and discard the selector lever cable retaining clip.
- Detach the fuel line bracket and wiring harness pin-type retainers from the selector lever cable bracket.
- Remove the selector lever cable bracket bolts and the selector lever cable bracket from the transmission.
- Install the new selector lever cable bracket, shield assembly and the selector lever cable bracket bolts onto the transmission. Tighten to 48 N-m (35 lb-ft).
- Attach the fuel line bracket and wiring harness pin-type retainers to the selector lever cable bracket.
- Move the manual control lever all the way forward into the low position, then move it three (3) detents rearward.
- Install the selector lever cable into the selector lever cable bracket and install a new retaining clip. Ensure the selector lever cable locking tabs are locked in place.
- Connect the selector lever cable onto the manual control lever.
- Slide the adjuster tab in place to lock the selector lever cable.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|111124A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty: Install The New Selector Lever Cable Bracket With Shield Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.5 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|