Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: March 19, 2009|
|2008-2009 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 9-4-7 to add a production fix date.
Some 2008-2009 6.4L F-Super Duty vehicles built on or before 3/16/2009 may experience a lack of power during acceleration and perhaps the illumination of the check air filter message in the instrument cluster message center. The lack of power condition may occur when the air filter element becomes packed with snow, thereby restricting required air flow to the engine.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- For vehicles built before 9/18/2007 provide a Winter Grill cover to the customer.
- Replace the electronic Filter Minder Indicator if the vehicle does not have engineering part number 8C34-9N622-AB level installed.
- Remove auxiliary snow tube. (Figure 1 – Item 1)
Figure 1 – Article 09-6-8
- Remove the air box filter cover. (Figure 1 – Item 2)
- Replace the air cleaner element only if wet or frozen.
- Attach the snow deflector gasket. Ensure the gasket is securely attached to the rim of the air box. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 09-6-8
- Install air box cover.
- Install auxiliary snow tube.
- Verify the plastic breather box on the end of auxiliary snow tube does not contact turbocharger heat shields.
NOTE: THIS PROCEDURE IS INTENDED FOR USE ON VEHICLES OPERATED IN COLD WEATHER STATES (AK, CO, ID, IA, ME, MI, MN, MT, ND, NH, NY, SD, VT, WI, WY) AND CANADA. NOTE: THIS WINTER GRILL COVER MUST BE REMOVED WHEN TEMPERATURES ARE GREATER THAN 50 Â°F (10 Â°C) (32 Â°F (0 Â°C) WHEN TOWING) OR ENGINE DAMAGE CAN RESULT. THE SNOW DEFLECTOR GASKET MAY REMAIN INSTALLED IN THE VEHICLE YEAR-ROUND.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|8C3Z-19A414-A||Winter Grill Cover|
|8C3Z-9N622-A||Indicator Assembly – Filter Minder|
|7C3Z-9601-B||Air Cleaner Element|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|090608A||2008-2009 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Install Grill Cover, Snow Deflector Gasket, Replace Filter Minder And Air Filter If Necessary (Do Not Use With 9601A)||0.4 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|