Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: November 26, 2008|
|2008-2009 F-Super Duty|
Some 2008-2009 F-Super Duty 250-550 vehicles equipped with a 6.4L diesel engine and built before 10/1/2008 may exhibit significant amounts of white smoke from the exhaust pipe while driving in high humidity or rainy conditions at temperatures above 40 °F (4 °C). This smoke only appears during a moderate to full throttle tip-in that is performed after a period of steady state driving.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
This procedure only applies if the vehicle meets the following criteria:
- Concern is described as significant amounts of white smoke from the exhaust pipe.
- White smoke only occurs in high humidity or rainy conditions above 40 °F (4 °C).
- White smoke only appears during a moderate to heavy tip-in that is performed after a period of steady state driving (approximately 20 minutes)
- No diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) are present.
- Concern is not a result of regeneration, a cleaning exhaust filter event.
If all of the criteria above is true, then replace the Charge Air Cooler Assembly with a new revised part per Workshop Manual, Section 303-12.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|7C3Z-6K775-B||Charge Air Cooler Assembly|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|082501A||2008-2009 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Replace The Charge Air Cooler, Includes Time To Check For DTCs (Do Not Use With 6775A, 12650D)||0.7 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|