Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: APRIL 23, 2001|
1994-2001 E-250, E-350, F-150, F-250 LD
1999-2001 SUPER DUTY F SERIES
To avoid the unnecessary replacement of major components, inspect and if necessary clean the bi-fuel harness connectors and terminals to eliminate the possibility of intermittent or improper connections on bi-fuel harnesses.
To enhance the preliminary diagnostic procedure for ensuring proper connection to all bi-fuel harness connectors with detailed inspection and cleaning procedures. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Inspect all bi-fuel grounds and harnesses for obvious suspect connections.
NOTE: FOR A SUSPECT WIRE CONNECTION, FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES IN STEPS 4 THROUGH 9.
- Should a suspect connection not be found or the vehicle still exhibits the condition, disconnect one bi-fuel harness connector at a time.
NOTE: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE MAIN COMPUVALVE HARNESS CONNECTOR C4025 (MARKED J25).
- To clean, spray brake cleaner or equivalent into both male and female ends of the connector, then blow dry.
- Apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the female side of the connector and with your finger gently spread the grease evenly into the pin cavities.
- Reconnect the connector, verify proper connection and continue with the next connector until all connectors have been inspected, cleaned and reconnected.
- Connect battery.
- Start vehicle with fuel selector switch in the GAS position and verify the condition is repaired.
- Start vehicle with fuel selector switch in the ALT position and verify the condition is repaired.
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
607000, 607400, 607500, 608000, 608400, 609000, 609400, 609500, 610000, 610500, 611000, 611500, 612000, 612500, 613000, 613400, 613500, 614000, 614500, 614600, 615000, 615500, 698298
Copyright © 2001 Ford Motor Company