Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: OCTOBER 1, 1999|
|1999 F-150, F-250 LD|
The Auto-Lock Functions may not be operating properly. This may consist of the relock function inoperative after initial lock or door locks engaging with door open/ajar. Additionally, the double chirp horn alert which indicates door ajar does not operate when the key fob lock button is actuated. These may be due to the door ajar circuit missing from the Generic Electronic Module (GEM) to the Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) Module.
Install missing Circuit 999. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Remove the instrument panel fuse junction panel. Refer to the 1999 F-150/250 Workshop Manual, Page 419-10-3, Removal and Installation – Module – GEM/CTM.
- Disengage pin locking bar on C240 connector (GEM 16-way connector) and insert Circuit 999 (LB/W, jumper XL3Z-14A411-BA) into connector location Pin #3 (Figure 1). Reinsert locking bar.
- Remove left scuff plate and kick panel to access the C247F connector.
- Route jumper wire along the -14401- harness to C247F connector at the -14A005- harness in left kick panel area.
- Remove C247F connector (gray 16-way connector) from finger bracket and disconnect from mating connector.
- Disengage and remove red locking spacer from C247F connector and insert Circuit 999 (LB/W, jumper XL3Z-14A411-BA) into connector location Pin #3 (Figure 2). Reinsert red locking spacer. Spot tape jumper circuit along -14401- harness to the -14A005- harness.
- Reconnect -14401- connector to -14A005- 16-way connector and reattach to finger bracket.
- Reinstall left kick panel and scuff plate.
- Reassemble instrument panel fuse junction panel and GEM per Workshop Manual, Page 419-10-3.
- To functionally test repair, ensure either the driver/passenger door is open, press lock button on key fob twice, and listen for two horn chirps.
- Connect New Generation Star (NGS) Tester to the vehicle and clear all codes. Then test RAP and GEM modules for any system failure induced during the repair procedure.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|992103A||Repair Door Ajar Circuit||0.9 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
112000, 203000, 203200, 205000
Figure 1 – Article 99-21-3
Figure 2 – Article 99-21-3