Technical Service Bulletins
|Printable View (51 KB)|
|Publication Date: September 25, 2013|
|2012-2013 Fiesta, Focus, Fusion|
2013 C-MAX, Taurus
2012-2013 E-Series, Edge, Expedition, Explorer, F-150, F-Super Duty
The article supersedes TSB 13-6-17 to update the vehicle model years and add a production fix dates.
Various vehicles equipped with SYNC may exhibit concerns related to SYNC features. Refer to the vehicle list to determine applicable vehicle lines and build dates located in the Service Procedure Section along with complete symptom details.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to improve the condition.
This procedure excludes vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch.
Symptoms addressed by this procedure include the following:
- All SYNC features inoperative: lack of or slow response to Auxiliary, Phone, and Voice button operation.
- U3000:04 in the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM).
- Intermittent phone connection issues.
- When multiple phones are paired to SYNC, SYNC intermittently does not connect to the device that is set as the Primary phone.
- Incorrect caller ID displayed for text messages.
- Voice recognition system responds Calling Dot at Work.
- Dials the first phone book entry in phone book to all Call commands.
- Apple device connected via USB intermittently does not reconnect and resume playback after ignition cycle, system goes to Line In instead.
- USB over time responds Indexing, Speech control not available with this device, Index Full, or fails to connect to a USB device previously connected without concerns.
|Model Year(s)||Model Line||Vehicle Built On Or Before Date|
- Verify if a SYNC update is available. Go to the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website and from the OASIS tab select the SYNC button. Scroll to the bottom of the page, under software update actions, click on the View Latest Software hyper link located next to the standard selection. A software update is identified when there is no check box next to the Customer Interface Processor (CIP)
- Are software updates available?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00 for normal diagnosis.
- Yes – ensure that the Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) release is at 85.01 or higher, then close the IDS software and proceeded to Step 3.
- Reprogram the APIM. To perform the reprogram it will be necessary to follow the online version of the WSM, Section 418-01, for APIM – Standard programming.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130922A||Reprogram The APIM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.4 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|