Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: February 3, 2012|
Some 2012 F-150 vehicle built on or before 12/13/2011 may exhibit a red brake warning lamp on condition with the park brake released.
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the concern.
- Insure that the park brake is fully released.
- Is the red brake lamp or the park brake engaged message on in the instrument cluster (IC) after key on prove out?
- Yes – proceed to Step 3.
- No – this article does not apply, refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-05 for normal diagnostics.
- Inspect the park brake lever for interference with wiring harnesses located near the left hand kick panel. Is a wiring harness interfering with pedal travel?
- Yes – move the wire harness back into position behind the left hand kick panel and retest using Step 2.
- No – proceed to Step 4.
- Pull the park brake release lever, and apply light upward pressure to the park brake pedal. Does the red brake lamp or the park brake engaged message on the IC turn off?
- Yes – replace left hand rear park brake cable, refer to WSM, Section 206-05.
- No – this article does not apply, refer to WSM, Section 206-05 for normal diagnosis.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|CL3Z-2A635-K||Park Brake Cable Left Hand (Raptor Only)|
|CL3Z-2A635-J||Park Brake Cable Left Hand (F-150 excludes Raptor)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120203A||2012 F-150: Inspect The Park Brake Assembly Following The Service Procedure, And Replace The Left Hand Rear Park Brake Cable (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.5 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|