Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: December 20, 2007|
|2008 F-Super Duty|
Some 2008 F-Super Duty vehicles built prior to 8/20/2007 equipped with a 6.4L diesel engine may exhibit a lack of power or no start with possible DTC's P0003, P0004 and P0091 caused by circuit CBB12 at the high pressure pump gasket grounding to the high pressure pump body (may also result in fuse 74 being blown).
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Unplug connector C1926 near the high pressure fuel pump cover.
- Check pin 4 green/white and pin 2 yellow wires for a short to ground.
- If either one is shorted to ground, remove the high pressure fuel pump cover and replace the pump cover gasket/harness that contains the grounded wire ONLY. The high pressure fuel pump does not need to be removed and replaced. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-04C.
- When removing the low pressure fuel lines and high pressure fuel tubes from the high pressure pump, use a back up wrench on the high pressure pump fittings to make certain that the fittings are not loose as the cap nuts and high pressure fuel tubes are removed (this may cause a fuel leak).
- When installing the new high pressure pump cover gasket/harness, verify that the VCV wires are wrapped in either high temperature convolute or a mesh style abrasion wrap.
- When making electrical connections to the high pressure fuel pump, pull the connectors to verify connectors are locked in place.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|8C3Z-9G805-A||Kit-Cover Fuel Pump|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|072602A||2008 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Replace High Pressure Fuel Pump Cover Gasket, Includes Time To Remove And Install Cab, And Perform Diagnosis (Do Not Use With 6007B, 6007B47, 6007B50, 6007B51, 12650D)||8.4 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|