Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: December 12, 2007|
|2006-2007 F-Super Duty|
Some 2006-2007 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.0L engine and built between 1/1/2006 – 8/31/2006, may exhibit a belt chirp noise on cold start.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- With tires straight ahead and no steering or brake input, start the truck and listen for belt chirp.
- Press the brake pedal and listen if the noise goes away.
- If the chirp noise goes away with brake input, proceed to Step 3.
- If the chirp noise does not go away when the brake is applied, do not continue with this TSB, follow front end accessory drive (FEAD) noise diagnostics in the Symptom Chart per the Workshop Manual, Section 303-05.
- Replace the Main Drive Belt and the Power Steering Pump and Pulley Assembly per Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 211-02.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|6C3Z-3A696-C||Pump And Pulley Asy|
|3C3Z-8620-BC||Belt – Dual Alternator|
|3C3Z-8620-DB||Belt – Single alternator|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|072601A||2006-2007 F-Super Duty 6.0L Built From 1/1/2006 To 8/31/2006: Replace The Power Steering Pump And The Main Drive Belt, Includes Time To Remove And Install Radiator, Fan Drive Clutch, Fan Shroud (Do Not Use With 3674A, 8620F, 8005A, 8616A, 3733A, 8146A)||2.0 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|