Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: JUNE 9, 1997|
1987-1997 F-150, F-250, F-350
1997 EXPEDITION, MOUNTAINEER
This TSB article is being republished in its entirety to include 1997 model year vehicles.
The transmission may have low fluid level and/or may have either a shift concern and/or an engagement concern. This may be caused by transmission fluid leaking from the transmission into the transfer case through the transfer case input seal.
Replace the transfer case input seal. The new seal should reduce the possibility of fluid leaking from the transmission into the transfer case. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Check the transmission fluid level. If the transmission fluid level is low and there are no visible signs of a leak, check the transfer case fluid level. The level of fluid in the transfer case should be just below the fill plug hole.
- If the transfer case fluid level is overfull and the transmission fluid is not burnt, remove the transfer case from the vehicle following the procedure outlined in the appropriate model/year Service Manual.
- Remove the transfer case input seal. Clean the seal bore in the transfer case.
- Install a new Transfer Case Input Seal (F77Z-7B215-AA)
- If the transmission fluid is burnt, repair the transmission as required and then replace the transfer case seal as outlined in Step 3.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F77Z-7B215-AA||Transfer Case Input Seal|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|971213A||Replace Transfer Case Input Seal – 1987-96 F-150-350, Bronco And 1997 F-250-350||1.6 Hrs.|
|971213B||Replace Transfer Case Input Seal – 1996-97 Explorer AWD And 1997 Mountianeer||2.7 Hrs.|
|971213C||Replace Transfer Case Input Seal – 1997 F-150, Expedition||2.1 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
501000, 502000, 503000, 504000, 508000, 510000
Copyright © 1997 Ford Motor Company