Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: November 27, 2007|
|2007-2008 Expedition, F-150, F-250|
|2007-2008 Mark LT, Navigator|
Some 2007- 2008 Expedition, Navigator, Mark LT, F-150 and F-250 vehicles equipped with a 5.4 3V engines may exhibit engine misfire during cruise, rough run, hesitation, buck jerk, with or without diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Use MotorcraftÂ® Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner to clean engine combustion system.
- Disconnect canister purge line from the intake manifold.
- Attach a vacuum line to the purge port.
- At hot engine idle, allow the engine to ingest about a 1/2 to 2/3 of a can of MotorcraftÂ® Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner. Use caution not to ingest too quickly due to potential hydro-lock issues. Read the entire label on the MotorcraftÂ® Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner. Shake the can well before using and make sure to use at room temperature.
- Shut the engine off and allow it to soak for one hour.
- Start engine, allow the engine to ingest the remainder of the MotorcraftÂ® Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner.
- Reconnect canister purge vacuum line.
- Cycle engine between idle and 2500 RPM for about 5 minutes.
- Inspect the spark plugs for abnormal fouling.
- Replace fouled spark plugs.
- Re-gap the spark plug to .035″ (0.9 mm).
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|PM-3||MotorcraftÂ® Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|072408A||2007-2008 Expedition/Navigator/F-150/F-250/Mark LT 5.4L 3V: Check DTCs, Clean Combustion System, Remove Spark Plugs Inspect And, Replace As Necessary (Do Not Use With 12650D, 12405A, 12650D64)||1.9 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|