This publication contains material that is reproduced and distributed under a license from Ford Motor
Company. No further reproduction or distribution of the Ford Motor Company material is allowed without the express written permission of Ford Motor Company. |
TSB Main Page
- TRANSMISSION - E4OD - REVERSE CLUTCH PISTON AND PISTON SEAL USAGE - SERVICE TIP
| Publication Date: MARCH 25, 1996 |
| 1989-1996 BRONCO, ECONOLINE, F SUPER DUTY, F-150-350 SERIES |
The reverse clutch has changed for the 1996 model year. The changes are as follows:
- addition of a cushion spring to the reverse clutch pack
- reverse clutch piston depth changed to allow additional cushion spring
- retainer and spring assembly changed to allow additional cushion spring
- inner piston seal changed from square cut to lip seal
- outer piston seal changed from square cut to lip seal
These changes are not interchangeable with past models due to calibration.
To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User
Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here
If you are already registered, you can login here.
If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session
cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.