This publication contains material that is reproduced and distributed under a license from Ford Motor
Company. No further reproduction or distribution of the Ford Motor Company material is allowed without the express written permission of Ford Motor Company. |
TSB Main Page
- DTC P0488 AND/OR P1334 WITH NO DRIVEABILITY SYMPTOMS, HARSH SHIFT AND/OR TRANSMISSION ENGAGEMENTS
| Publication Date: August 23, 2005 |
| 2004 F-Super Duty |
Some 2004 F-Super Duty vehicles built after 9/29/2003 and 2004-2005 Excursion vehicles built 9/29/2003 through 1/10/2005, all equipped with the 6.0L engine, may exhibit any of the following:
- Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0488 and/or P1334 with no driveability symptoms
- Exhaust smoke while operating in elevated idle operation/PTO, charge protect, or cold idle kicker mode
- Harsh 3-2 grade load braking downshifts in Tow/Haul mode due to shift initiating on boost pressure
- Shift busyness in Tow/Haul mode
- Harsh lock-up during the 5-6 shift
- Harsh 3-5 upshift during light throttle acceleration
To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User
Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here
If you are already registered, you can login here.
If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session
cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.