This publication contains material that is reproduced and distributed under a license from Ford Motor
Company. No further reproduction or distribution of the Ford Motor Company material is allowed without the express written permission of Ford Motor Company. |
TSB Main Page
- LAMP - 4X4 "LOW RANGE" LIGHT DIMLY LIT
- SWITCHES - TRANSFER CASE MODE SWITCH - 4X4 HI/LOW SWITCH SHORTED OUT
- WINDSHIELD WIPERS - INTERMITTENT WIPERS ERRATIC OR INOPERABLE
- TRANSFER CASE - WATER PRESENT IN TRANSFER CASE
| Publication Date: AUGUST 13, 2001 |
| 1997 EXPEDITION, F-150, F-250 LD |
This article is being republished in its entirety to update the labor time.
Water may be present in the transfer case on some vehicles. This may cause:
- Transfer Case Mode Switch to become inoperative
- The 4X4 "Low Range" light to appear dimly lit
- The intermittent wipers to become erratic or inoperative
- Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) P0500, P0503, P1500, and P1501 to be set.
This may be caused by water splashing into the transfer case through the vent tube assembly, possibly causing the transfer case mode switch to short out, and/or the VSS gear to swell and set the VSS DTCs listed above. Shorting out the transfer case mode switch may cause the intermittent wiper mode to function erratically, as well as possibly causing the 4X4 light to work incorrectly.
To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User
Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here
If you are already registered, you can login here.
If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session
cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.