2011 Expedition Overview
- Standard Trailer Sway Control works with AdvanceTrac® with RSC (Roll Stability Control™) to aid confidence while towing
- SYNC® adds Traffic, Directions & Information, while the available voice-activated navigation system includes HD Radio® and SIRIUS Travel Link™, offering Expedition customers a wealth of choices in information and entertainment
- Six-speed automatic transmission offers exceptional shift quality and fuel economy
- Persistent Belt-Minder® chime
- Limited top speed of 80 mph
- Traction control system that limits tire spin cannot be deactivated
- Audio system volume limited to 44 percent of maximum volume
- A speed alert chime at 45, 55 or 65 mph
- AdvanceTrac traction control with RSC (Roll Stability Control) and Trailer Sway Control
- Safety Canopy™, a side air curtain technology offering protection for all seating rows
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system
- Dual-stage front airbags for the driver and front seat passenger, side airbags and a front passenger sensor system
- MyKey programmable vehicle key
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with audio input jack
- SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system with Traffic, Directions & Information
- Voice-activated navigation with SIRIUS Travel Link and HD Radio, including iTunes song-tagging ability
- Keyless Entry – Remote and SecuriCode™ (Keypad)
- Lighting – Illuminated Entry with Approach Lamps
- Perimeter Alarm
- SIRIUS satellite radio with a complimentary six-month subscription
- Dual headrest-mounted rear seat DVD system
- SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system
- Power adjustable pedals
2011 Ford Expedition Overview
2011 FORD EXPEDITION PROVIDES CAPABILITY AND COMFORT FOR CUSTOMERS NEEDING A FULL-SIZE SUV
Ford Expedition and Expedition EL blend bold Ford Truck design, functionality and toughness with interior refinement, giving customers the flexibility only a full-size Ford SUV can provide. For the 2011 model year, the Expedition lineup offers newly available interior technology to help occupants stay connected and entertained.
Long journeys, already made easier by the spacious, comfortable accommodations found within Expedition, are aided by a new available headrest-mounted rear DVD system. With two individual screens and two sets of wireless headphones, the system allows rear seat passengers to enjoy individual A/V options without disturbing front seat passengers or each other.
For safety on journeys of any length, Expedition is aided by Ford-exclusive AdvanceTrac with RSC, including standard Trailer Sway Control. Trailer Sway Control works in conjunction with AdvanceTrac with RSC to detect trailer sway through the motions of the vehicle and take measures – such as applying precise braking and reducing engine torque – to bring both vehicle and trailer under control.
AdvanceTrac with RSC delivers a level of performance that competitive stability control systems can’t match. Unlike competitor systems, AdvanceTrac with RSC uses a second gyroscopic roll-rate sensor to determine the vehicle’s body roll angle and roll rate.
If the unique roll-rate sensor detects a significant roll angle, the system applies additional countermeasures – such as applying brakes to one or more wheels or reducing engine power – to enhance vehicle rollover resistance.
In the event of an accident, Expedition is equipped with the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™, where the horn and emergency flashers are activated should airbags deploy. Other safety features include Safety Canopy® side-curtain airbags, a rollover detection system and dual-stage front airbags that deploy with varying power based on crash severity, the driver’s seat position and seat belt usage. Front seat side airbags provide extra protection in the event of a side impact.
The 2000 Expedition was the first full-size SUV to earn five-star front safety NCAP ratings for the driver and passenger from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a recognition it has maintained every year since 2000. This 10-year run on five-star ratings sets Expedition apart as best in its class. The Expedition is designed to meet all known future government crash standards.
More choices, more convenience
Expedition features Ford’s MyKey™ system. Parents simply program the key through the vehicle message center to incorporate restrictions such as:
Technology also helps keep Expedition customers connected. SIRIUS® satellite radio capability and SYNC, the industry-first, voice-activated hands-free communications and entertainment system, are both standard features on XLT, Limited and King Ranch trim levels.
SYNC with Traffic, Directions & Information leverages industry-leading voice-recognition software, integrated GPS technology and a customer’s Bluetooth®-capable mobile phone. SYNC’s new applications provide simple hands-free access to personalized traffic reports, precise turn-by-turn driving directions, and up-to-date information including business listings, news, sports and weather.
Also available is a voice-activated navigation system with SIRIUS Travel LinkTM that lets customers access up-to-the-minute information and entertainment content through the vehicle’s navigation system. The information includes current gas prices from an estimated 120,000 filling stations, up-to-the-minute traffic information for 78 markets, weather conditions, sports scores and movie listings in the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia.
Music lovers will enjoy the addition of HD Radio technology, included with the voice-activated navigation system. HD Radio enables more listening options and digital sound quality. No additional equipment or cost is involved. To use HD Radio, listeners simply tune in their favorite station. If the station is broadcasting with HD Radio technology, the system automatically picks up the signal and will transition to digital audio once decoded.
A Ford truck at heart
With three valves per cylinder and variable camshaft timing, the 5.4-liter engine delivers a satisfying balance of refinement and muscle. Rated at 310 horsepower and 365 ft.-lb. of torque, Expedition can tow up to 9,200 pounds, for the best tow rating in its class.
Expedition safety technologies
Expedition technology and connectivity features
All Expedition models are built in Louisville, Ky.