2010 F-150 Overview
2010 F-150 OFFERS DIVERSITY TO TRUCK CUSTOMERS: CHOOSE TECHNOLOGY, JOB AIDS, LUXURY OR "ALL OF THE ABOVE"
- F-150 is the only half-ton truck that offers industry exclusive Ford Work Solutions™ technology to help at the job site
- F-150 has received more than 20 awards, including 2009 North American Truck of the Year, Motor Trend 2009 Truck of the Year Award™ and Truck of Texas
- Top safety marks, class-leading capability make F-150 the truck to which all others aspire
- All F-150 4x2 models with 4.6L 3V V-8 engine now achieve 15 mpg city/ 21 hwy
Following on the success of the redesigned 2009 Ford F-150, for 2010 F-150 continues as the benchmark in the full-size pickup segment from the industry’s truck leader. A rugged exterior is highlighted by a dramatic three-bar grille and spacious, flexible and refined interior. Buyers can choose from an unparalleled variety of cab styles and trim levels – including the opulent Platinum series that redefines truck luxury.
Capability is Key
The 2010 Ford F-150 rises to the challenge of tough jobs, featuring a fully boxed frame constructed with hydro-formed and high strength steel side rails for increased durability and safety. The sturdy chassis also delivers class-leading towing and hauling capability across all cab configurations.
Thanks to the strength of the frame and comprehensive package of standard safety equipment, including side-curtain air bags, the new F-150 earned top safety ratings from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Complementing the modern frame is a high-tech suite of features that helps ensure the F-150 is sure-footed in all driving and load conditions. F-150 offers standard AdvanceTrac® with RSC (Roll Stability Control™) and Trailer Sway Control, plus an available Rearview Camera System and Integrated Trailer Brake Controller.
The interior of the 2010 F-150 SuperCrew offers usable space for moving people and gear thanks to a stretched cab for better rear seat legroom and cargo capacity. A mechanically articulated second-row seat flips up and out of the way for remarkably easy access. Combined with a truly flat load floor, the new SuperCrew has a class-leading 57.6 cubic feet of space behind the front seats and can accommodate items up to 47.9 inches tall – like that flat-screen TV that needs to be hauled from the electronics store to your living room.
An F-150 for Every Need
Ford’s F-Series may be America’s best-selling vehicle, but one-size-fits-all does not apply to today’s truck buyer. From the Texas rancher to the general contractor in Florida, F-150 customers have different needs and tastes. In response, Ford engineers designed a truck that offers more choice for buyers, enabling the F-150 to meet the widest range of customer needs and wants – all delivered with quality.
Customers can choose from the no-fuss XL workhorse, to the sporty STX and off-road capable FX4, to the mid-range XLT. For those looking for tough luxury, Ford offers the high-end Lariat and King Ranch® F-150 models.
For the 2010 F-150 Platinum series, the most luxurious F-150 ever has been improved with still more standard equipment in the form of:
- Ambient lighting
- Power sliding rear window with defrost
- Sony® six-disc in-dash CD changer
- Satin chrome grille with fine mesh inserts
- 10-way power adjustable bucket seats upholstered with top-quality leather, tuxedo stitching and embroidered logos on the seatbacks
- Heated front and rear seats
Satin gloss Lacrosse Ash wood grain accents
- Real brushed aluminum panels on dash, center console and doors
- Standard 20-inch, 16-spoke polished aluminum wheels
Under the hood, F-150 is offered with a choice of three modern V-8 engines, mated to either a four-speed or a fuel-efficient six-speed automatic transmission:
- 5.4-liter, three-valve Triton® V-8, which has been optimized for better performance with improved horsepower and torque, and is capable of running on E85 (85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline), regular unleaded gasoline or any blend in between
- 4.6-liter, three-valve V-8, capable of returning 15 mpg city/ 21 highway on 4x2 F-150
- 4.6-liter, two-valve V-8, a third V-8 choice in the line-up that delivers more horsepower with the same fuel economy as F-150’s previous V-6
Both the 5.4-liter and 4.6-liter three-valve V-8s utilize open valve injection. This unique feature improves the flow of fuel into the combustion chamber, which results in an increase in horsepower during towing along with reduced emissions.
The mileage-champ SFE F-150 is no longer a separate model for 2010; the efficiency enhancements found on SFE have been integrated throughout the lineup, permitting an expanded selection of fuel-efficient F-150s. In fact, all 2010 F-150 4x2 trucks equipped with the 4.6L three-valve V-8 engine now achieve the 15 mpg city/21 highway fuel economy previously limited to SFE models.
Most ‘Smart’ Features
F-150's interior features a flow-through console large enough to stow two laptop computers. Special ridges are molded into the edges of the bin to accommodate file folders. The console also has a multi-tiered, removable tray and locks to protect valuables.
More than 30 storage areas are built into the interior, ranging from a bin on the top of the instrument panel to a number of small spaces designed to accommodate tools like cell phones, MP3 players, PDAs and gate access cards.
Large buttons and switches are ergonomically designed and within easy reach and view of the driver. A USB port and auxiliary MP3 player input are conveniently mounted on the dash. Two 12-volt outlets are located on the dash and center console.
F-150's pickup box boasts up to 81.2 cubic feet of storage and is easier to use, more flexible and accessible than the competition. Features like the Stowable Bed Extender, Cargo Management System and Ford’s industry-exclusive Tailgate and Box Side Steps have been designed with everyday use in mind.
Ford Work Solutions™ features an in-dash computer that provides full high-speed Internet and wireless accessories that include a mouse and printer; Tool Link™, a Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) asset tracking system that enables customers to maintain a real-time inventory of tools or equipment stored in the vehicle; Crew Chief™, a fleet telematics and diagnostics system; and Cable Lock security system to secure large tools or equipment in the cargo area.
To help encourage safer teen driving and safety belt use, all F-150 models except the base XL now incorporate the MyKey™ system. Parents simply program the vehicle key through the message center to incorporate features such as:
- Persistent Belt-Minder®
- Limited top speed of 80 mph
- Traction control system that limits tire spin cannot be deactivated
- Audio system volume limited to 44 percent of maximum volume
- A speed alert chime at 45, 55 or 65 mph
The 2010 Ford-150 also allows truck customers to be connected to the world like never before. Ford has been working with Microsoft, Sony and SIRIUS® to offer customers leading technologies to help them stay connected with their lives while on the road, including:
- Industry-exclusive SYNC®, a voice-activated, hands-free, in-vehicle communications and entertainment system; for 2010, SYNC will also be available with Traffic, Directions & Information Services, providing traffic reports, GPS-based turn-by-turn driving directions, sports scores, movie times and other useful details (not compatible with SIRIUS Travel Link™ or voice activated navigation system)
- SIRIUS Travel Link that, when combined with voice activated navigation, will provide users with a suite of data services including real-time traffic, coast-to-coast weather conditions and fuel price information for over 120,000 gas stations
- Voice-activated navigation that integrates several functions, including voice recognition destination entry, climate control and SIRIUS satellite radio into one easy-to-use system, displaying them on an 8-inch touch screen display
- Available Sony audio system that features 700 watts of power, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and 10 speakers
F-150 Safety Technologies
Standard and available 2010 Ford F-150 safety features include:
- Air bags, driver and front passenger
- Safety Canopy® side curtain airbags
- Dual stage front seat-mounted side air bags
- AdvanceTrac with RSC
- Four-wheel ABS brakes
- SOS Post Crash Alert System™
- Available factory-installed integrated trailer brake controller
F-150 Technology and Connectivity Features
Standard and available 2010 Ford F-150 technology features include:
- Ford Work Solutions
- In-dash computer
- Tool Link™
- Crew Chief™
- Cable Lock
- Auxiliary audio input jack
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio
- SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system
- SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad
- Navigation system with a 6.5-inch touch screen display
- Rear View Camera System
- Reverse Sensing System
- Power Code Remote Start System
The Ford F-150 is built at Ford's Dearborn (Mich.) Truck Plant and Kansas City Assembly Plant.