- Sport Trac continues to offer a unique combination of truck capability and SUV refinement
- 2010 Sport Trac includes standard Trailer Sway Control in its impressive lineup of safety technologies
- Available next-generation, voice-activated navigation system and the class-exclusive SIRIUS Travel Link™
- The standard chrome-finished grille for a bold front end
- A powerdome aluminum hood for a stronger appearance
- Pronounced wheel arches, helping to provide a rugged stance
- The C-pillar arch serves as visual distinction between people space and cargo room
- A hardy 4.5-foot cargo box lined with corrosion-proof sheet molded composite (SMC) material and lined with dent-proof and scratch-resistant material for protection from hard use
- Three integrated cargo bins are recessed into the bed of the truck for versatile, convenient storage
- The cargo cage bed extender and tonneau cover, which remain highly popular with customers
- The 4.0-liter V-6 is rated at 210 horsepower at 5,100 rpm and 254 ft.-lb. of torque at 3,700 rpm
- The 4.0-liter, equipped with a standard five-speed automatic, delivers a maximum 5,310 pounds of towing capacity and 1,450 pounds of payload
- The V-6 meets federal Tier II, Bin 4 tailpipe emissions
- The 4.6-liter, three-valve V-8 delivers 292 hp – the most horsepower in its class
- The available 4.6-liter V-8 and six-speed transmission deliver a maximum 6,800 pounds of towing capacity and 1,390 pounds of payload
- The V-8 meets federal Tier II Bin 5 standards, which is compliant with California’s Low Emissions Vehicle II (LEV II) standards
- Trailer Sway Control
- AdvanceTrac with RSC
- Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS
- Control Trac 4WD
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Enhanced Interactive Vehicle Dynamics (IVD)
- AM/FM single CD/MP3 player with audio input jack
- Premium AM/FM in-dash, six-CD/MP3 player with subwoofer and audio input jack
- Voice-activated navigation system
- Rear-seat DVD system
- Power Code remote start
- Power adjustable pedals
- Remote keyless entry
- SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system
- Reverse Sensing System
- Daytime running lights
2010 Explorer Sport Trac Overview
FORD SPORT TRAC BLENDS SAFETY, TECHNOLOGY FOR 2010
Sport Trac is the unrestricted utility vehicle that delivers rugged styling, capable power and performance along with a versatile cargo area to take customers where they want to go.
For 2010, Sport Trac helps owners get to their destinations using a next-generation navigation system with SIRIUS Travel Link, which gives drivers and passengers access to up-to-the-minute information and entertainment including coast-to-coast coverage (48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia) of real-time traffic (in select markets) and weather reports; fuel options from more than 120,000 stations sorted by price and distance; major league pro and college sports as well as movie listings from more than 4,500 theaters.
Standard for 2010, Trailer Sway Control works in conjunction with Sport Trac’s standard AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™) to determine from the yaw motion of the vehicle if the trailer is swaying and take measures – such as applying precise braking or reduced engine torque – to bring both vehicle and trailer under control.
AdvanceTrac with RSC delivers a level of performance that competitive stability control systems can’t match. Unlike competitors systems, the industry-exclusive AdvanceTrac with RSC utilizes a second gyroscopic roll rate sensor to determine the vehicle’s body roll angle and roll rate.
Trailer Sway joins a host of already standard safety equipment, such as: Safety Canopy® side curtain air bags, AdvanceTrac with RSC, an advanced restraints module and dual front-crash sensors, five-level front-passenger sensing system, driver-seat position sensor, dual-stage front air bags, adaptive load-limiting safety-belt retractors, adaptive front-passenger-seat air-bag tether, adaptive air bag venting and adaptive-stroking steering column.
Tough Truck-Inspired Design and Equipment
Sport Trac offers an overt nod to its inspiration with a tough truck exterior drawn from the design of the Ford Explorer and Ford F-150. Specific elements include:
Capable Power and Performance
Sport Trac is outfitted standard with a 4.0-liter V-6 engine and five-speed automatic transmission. The available, class-exclusive, 4.6-liter V-8 engine with six-speed automatic transmission provides a power boost attractive to many customers.
Key considerations for Sport Trac’s powertrain options are:
Either engine can be equipped with the advanced Control Trac® four-wheel-drive system. Unlike less sophisticated systems, Control Trac automatically transfers torque to the front wheels as needed to maintain maximum traction at all times. This increases safety and security without compromising fuel economy or NVH. In addition, the Control Trac system features a torque-multiplying gear set (4×4 Low) in the transfer case for off-road applications that require extra power including deep sand, steep grades and towing a boat trailer out of water.
The Sport Trac front suspension design is a short- and long-arm design with coil-over shocks. The rear suspension is independent with a patent-pending, trailing blade design.
Sizable four-wheel disc brakes are standard, as is a four-wheel, four-channel Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) with electronic brake force distribution. The package creates a balanced chassis with ride and handling that is unrivaled in its segment.
Explorer Sport Trac Safety Technologies
Standard and available 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac safety features include:
Explorer Sport Trac Technology and Connectivity Features
Standard and available 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac technology features include:
Sport Trac is available in two series, XLT and Limited. Sport Trac is produced at the Louisville Assembly Plant in Louisville, Ky.