- Standard Trailer Sway Control joins AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™) for improved confidence while towing
- SYNC® and SIRIUS Travel Link™ help 2010 Expedition owners stay connected using voice-activated technologies for fewer distractions
- Class-exclusive six-speed automatic transmission offers exceptional shift quality and fuel economy
- Persistent Belt-Minder® chime
- Limited top speed of 80 mph
- Traction control system that limits tire spin cannot be deactivated
- Audio system volume limited to 44 percent of maximum volume
- A speed alert chime at 45, 55 or 65 mph
- AdvanceTrac with RSC
- Safety Canopy™ plus side impact air bags
- LATCH (Lower Anchors & Tethers for CHildren) system
- Personal Safety System™ (seat belt pre-tensioners, load limiting retractors, dual stage front air bags, driver seat position sensing & crash severity sensing)
- SOS Post Crash Alert System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Traction Control
- AM/FM single CD/MP3 player with audio input jack
- Premium AM/FM in-dash, six-CD/MP3 player with subwoofer and audio input jack
- SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system
- Voice-activated navigation system
- Keyless Entry – Remote and SecuriCode™ (Keypad)
- Lighting – Illuminated Entry w/ Approach Lamps
- Perimeter Alarm
- SIRIUS Travel Link
- Rear-seat DVD system
- Security – SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS)
- Power Code<™ remote start
- Power adjustable pedals
2010 Expedition Overview
2010 FORD EXPEDITION: STANDARD TRAILER SWAY CONTROL, NEW COMMUNICATIONS AND ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS
Ford Expedition combines bold Ford Truck design, functionality and toughness with high levels of interior refinement for consumers who need the flexibility of a full-size SUV. For 2010, Expedition safety and capability both get a boost as Ford’s exclusive AdvanceTrac with RSC is joined by standard Trailer Sway Control.
Trailer Sway Control works in conjunction with AdvanceTrac with RSC to detect trailer sway through the motions of the vehicle and take measures – such as applying precise braking and reducing engine torque – to bring both vehicle and trailer under control.
AdvanceTrac with RSC delivers a level of performance that competitive stability control systems can’t match. Unlike competitors systems, AdvanceTrac with RSC uses a second gyroscopic roll rate sensor to determine the vehicle’s body roll angle and roll rate.
If the unique roll rate sensor detects a significant roll angle, the system applies additional countermeasures — such as applying brakes to one or more wheels or reducing engine power — to enhance vehicle rollover resistance.
In the event of an accident, Expedition is equipped with the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™, where the horn and emergency flashers are activated in the event of airbag deployment. Other safety features include Safety Canopy® side-curtain air bags rollover detection system and dual-stage front air bags deploy with varying power based on crash severity, the driver’s seat position and safety-belt usage. Front-seat side air bags provide extra protection in the event of a side impact.
The 2000 Expedition was the first full-size SUV to earn five-star front safety NCAP ratings for the driver and passenger from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a recognition it has maintained every year since 2000. This 10-year run on five-star ratings sets Expedition apart as best in its class. The Expedition is designed to meet all known future government crash standards.
More Choices, More Convenience
With four available series across the lineup, Expedition provides customers with the convenience and luxury options full-size SUV buyers demand.
A wealth of standard convenience options gives Expedition a luxurious feel. The Easy Fuel™ Capless Fuel-Filler System eliminates the inconvenience of forgetting to put the gas cap back on after fueling, and can also help prevent evaporative emissions from escaping. Other standard equipment includes an anti-theft perimeter alarm system and second-row heated seats.
Expedition also features Ford’s MyKey™ system. Parents simply program the key through the vehicle message center to incorporate restrictions such as:
Technology also helps keep Expedition customers connected. SYNC, Ford’s industry-first, voice-activated hands-free communications and entertainment system is a standard feature on Eddie Bauer, Limited and King Ranch trim levels.
Also available is a voice-activated navigation system with SIRIUS Travel Link that lets customers access to up-to-the-minute information and entertainment content through the vehicle’s navigation system. The information includes: current gas prices from an estimated 120,000 filling stations; up to the minute traffic information for 78 markets; weather conditions; sports scores, and movie listings in the 48 contiguous states and District of Columbia.
A Ford Truck at Heart
Expedition is powered by Ford’s tough truck-proven 5.4-liter Flex Fuel V-8 engine. Flex Fuel (FFV), a standard feature in 2010, gives consumers more options at the pump. With three valves per cylinder and variable camshaft timing, the 5.4-liter engine delivers a balance of refinement and muscle. Rated at 310 horsepower and 365 ft.-lbs. of torque, Expedition can tow up to 9,200 pounds, for the best tow rating in its class.
With a wider gear ratio, Expedition’s six-speed transmission has smaller steps between gears than a typical four-speed automatic and offers improved shift quality, faster acceleration and improved fuel economy.
Expedition Safety Technologies
Standard and available 2010 Ford Expedition safety features include:
Expedition Technology and Connectivity Features
Standard and available 2010 Ford Expedition technology features include:
The 2010 Expedition is available in XLT, Eddie Bauer, Limited and King Ranch series; an EL version of each is also available. Ford Expedition is built in Louisville, Kentucky.