Ford-Trucks.com and Internet Brands, Inc. is not affiliated with the Ford
12/26/2001 - F-Series 25th Sales Leadership Anniversary
Source: Ford Motor Company
F-SERIES 25TH SALES LEADERSHIP ANNIVERSARY
Since 1977, F-Series has been the number one-selling truck in America. Below are highlights of the past 25 years:
- F-Series becomes the best-selling truck in America.
- Ford sells 864,046 F-Series trucks, a calendar-year record to date.
- Most extensive redesign of F-Series to date.
- Ford’s diesel pickups debut with 6.9-liter V-8.
- F-Series becomes the No.1 selling vehicle in America – car or truck.
- F-Series becomes the first truck with rear-wheel, antilock brakes.
- Driver’s-side air bag introduced.
- Ford sells more than 780,838 F-Series trucks – best since 1978.
- Completely redesigned F-150 and F-250 models introduced.
- Super Cab features industry’s first standard third door in a full-size pickup.
- F-Series 50th anniversary: Jan. 16.
- Ford introduces all-new F-Series Super Duty model.
- Two American icons team to create the Harley-Davidson F-150.
- F-Series sets new calendar-year sales record of 869,001.
- Ford introduces the F-150 SuperCrew, an industry first for its class.
- F-Series sets new calendar-year sales record of 876,716.
- In October, F-Series achieves an industry truck sales record for any month with sales of 102,424 units.
To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User
Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here
If you are already registered, you can login here.
If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session
cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.
No comments have been posted.