FORD DIVISION REVEALS 2002 PRODUCTS AT THE TEXAS STATE FAIR
DALLAS, Sept. 27, 2001 – Ford Division reinforces its commitment to the truck and SUV market at the 2001 Texas State Fair. Visitors to the fair will be able to view a variety of concept and production vehicles, many which have never been seen before.
"Ford Division loves Texas and the Southwest," said Al Giombetti, Ford Division Truck and SUV group marketing manager. "There is no better place to show our new 2002 product packages and concept vehicles than in the heart of truck country."
Showcased vehicles include:
- Ford Ranger Low Rider Concept Vehicle : Making its debut at the Texas State Fair is the all-new Ranger Low Rider Concept Vehicle. Aimed at the youth market, the concept features a lowered suspension, ground effects, a cloth-like tonneau cover, 17-inch Cobra chrome 5-spoke wheels and high performance tires. Interior changes include a new steering wheel, seats, instrument panel cluster and center panel finish. Under the hood, this concept version of America's best-selling compact pickup features a supercharged 4.0-liter SOHC engine producing more than 255 horsepower.
- Ford Ranger FX4 : This off-road production package, built on the four-door Super Cab chassis, brings rugged off-road function and tough looks to the "Built Ford Tough" Ranger lineup. Available in four colors, the 2002 Ranger FX4 package features a 4.0-liter V-6 engine, four-wheel-drive with a 4.10:1 ratio, 24-inch water-fording capability, Bilstein™ off-road shock absorbers, 31x10.5 BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires, and a heavier front skid plate. Ranger FX4 is available with two transmission configurations – a manual transmission with manual transfer case or automatic transmission with electronic transfer.
- Ford King Ranch F-150 Super Cab : Further strengthening its relationship with Texas' own King Ranch, Ford is expanding King Ranch F-150 availability to include Super Cab models. In addition, 2002 King Ranch F-150 SuperCrew will feature an optional 60/40 rear seat. King Ranch F-150 Super Cab and SuperCrew models feature front King Ranch leather-trimmed captains' chairs with embossed King Ranch logo and front and rear consoles embossed with King Ranch leather covered lid/armrests and King Ranch logo (front console only on Super Cab).
- Ford F-150 FX4 : New for 2002, F-Series extends its best-selling lineup with an all-new F-150 FX4 Off-Road Package. Available exclusively on 4x4 models, the F-150 FX4 Off-Road Package is designed for ambitious off-road enthusiasts. The new package features new, aggressive 17-inch aluminum wheels, heavy-duty white Rancho shock absorbers, "FX4 Off-Road" decal, unique FX4 tape stripe, skid plates in three locations (fuel tank, transfer case and frame front cross member), 3.55 axle (optional 3.55 Limited Slip available), and stainless steel lug nuts.
- Ford F-Series Super Duty BFT (Built Ford Tough) Sport : The F-Series Super Duty BFT (Built Ford Tough) Sport makes its debut as a 2002-model at the Texas State Fair. Available on F-250 and F-350 Super Cab models, the all-new Super Duty BFT Sport is a production package offered with two wheelbases – SRW on F-250 and F-350, and DRW on F-350 only. Featuring a black monochromatic paint scheme and standard chrome tubular step bars, the F-Series Super Duty BFT Sport contains unique 40/20/40 Cloth/Knit combination seats, all-season rubber floor mats, new door trim panels with an ebony arm rest, and an ebony-colored leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Ford Escape XLT Sport : In 2002, Ford Division is offering an Escape XLT Sport – a sportier version of its popular Escape SUV. In addition to the equipment offered on the regular production XLT Escape, the XLT Sport features an industry first, dual-loading rack system, dubbed the No Boundaries Rack System. The XLT Sport package will include unique 5-spoke 16-inch wheels and tires, a standard step bar, privacy glass and floor mats. The XLT Sport is available only on four-wheel drive, V-6 engine-equipped Escapes.
- Ford Explorer XLT Sport : Building on more than 10 years of SUV sales leadership, Ford Division introduces a sporty new package on Explorer's most popular model – the XLT. The 2002 Explorer's XLT Sport Package features high-gloss platinum painted exterior trim and accessories including a side step bar, side moldings, bumpers, and wheel lip moldings. The all-new Explorer XLT Sport also features all-new 17-inch wheels – the first time ever on an Explorer.
Ford Division continues to offer customers the most comprehensive truck and SUV lineup in the industry. Ford's No Boundaries SUV lineup includes the Escape, Explorer Sport, Explorer Sport Trac, four-door Explorer, Expedition and Excursion. Ford's Built Ford Tough trucks, with the strength to get any job done, include Ranger, F-150, F-150 SuperCrew, F-Series Super Duty (F-250-750) and E-Series van and wagon models.