WITH BIG LEAD HEADING INTO FOURTH QUARTER, FORD F-150 LOOKS TO TOUCH DOWN AGAIN AS TOP TRUCK
One year after launch, the 2009 Ford F-150 is outselling competitors by a wide margin and is well on its way to being America's best-selling truck for the 33rd consecutive year. The 2009 Ford F-150 builds on this legacy of leadership with unsurpassed fuel economy, towing confidence, safety and a host of technology and innovations.
SALES AND SHARE LEADERSHIP
- Ford F-Series share for September is 40.6 percent, outselling the Chevrolet Silverado by more than 14,000 units and outselling the Silverado and GMC Sierra combined by more than 7,000 units; overall F-150 leads by more than 66,000 units vs. the industry
- Calendar year-to-date F-Series share of 35.6 percent is up almost 5 percentage points year over year
- With those numbers in the books, Ford F-Series is three-quarters of the way to becoming America's best-selling truck for the 33rd consecutive year and America's best-selling vehicle for the 28th consecutive year
- Winner of the J.D. Power and Associates IQS (Initial Quality Study) and APEAL (Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout) awards for Light-Duty Pickups
- Consumer Reports "Recommended Buy"
- Highest-quality F-150 ever, with the lowest TGW (Things Gone Wrong) and highest TGR (Things Gone Right) scores of all time as measured by the Global Quality Research System survey
- Customer Satisfaction for F-150 currently stands at 84 percent, up 7 percentage points over last year
Most honored pickup truck of 2009 with 25 major awards, including:
- Motor Trend Truck of the Year™
- Named North American Truck of the Year at the 2009 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS)
- Named "Truck of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA)
- The Ford F-150 line boasts improved fuel economy of 8 percent overall, including 12 percent on the 5.4-liter versions
- Unsurpassed fuel economy in the light-duty pickup truck segment with EPA ratings of 15 mpg city and 21 mpg highway
- America's safest full-size pickup truck with 5-star frontal- and 5-star side-impact crash test ratings, the highest possible scores from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- "Top Safety Pick" award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
- More standard safety content than any other pickup, including Safety Canopy® side-curtain air bag rollover protection system; new "K-bag," a front seat dual-chamber side air bag named for its unique shape, which is designed to help protect the rib cage from excessive crash forces during a side impact; Trailer Sway Control and AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC)
- Reinforced best-in-class position by achieving class-leading status with every cab – Regular, Super Cab and SuperCrew
- Increased maximum towing capability to 11,300 pounds
- Increased maximum payload capability to 3,030 pounds
- SuperCrew increased by six inches and has flat-load floor
- Best-in-class box access with tailgate step and side access step
- Unsurpassed towing confidence with standard Trailer Sway Control and available Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- SYNC: Industry-exclusive, voice-activated, hands-free, in-vehicle communications and entertainment system offers even more functionality for the 2009 model year with 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report
- SIRIUS Travel Link™: When combined with voice-activated navigation provides users with a suite of data services, including real-time traffic, coast-to-coast weather conditions and fuel price information for more than 120,000 gas stations
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: Broadcasts over 130 digital-quality channels, including 69 channels of 100 percent commercial-free music, plus exclusive channels of sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather and data
- Ford Work Solutions: A suite of industry-first features and technological tools that provide the connectivity, flexibility and security to conduct business right from the cab
- EasyFuel®: This capless fuel filler is a North American industry-exclusive feature that uses an integrated spring-loaded flapper door to eliminate the need for a fuel tank screw cap
- Tailgate Step: This industry-first feature allows customers easier access to pickup beds with a simple-to-use step that stores neatly into the tailgate
- Trailer Sway Control: Detects sway and applies engine and braking countermeasures to stabilize the vehicle-trailer unit
- Trailer Brake Control: A system that can, during a sway event, apply brakes to the trailer to help stabilize it
"With class-leading fuel economy, increased capability and upgraded content, the 2009 Ford F-150 continues to be the all-encompassing solution truck buyers look for."
– Doug Scott,
Truck Group Marketing Manager
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit ....
To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts
If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session
cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.