JIM MAZUCHOWSKI: GROWING UP IN A FORD FAMILY LEADS TO V-6 ENGINE PROGRAM MANAGER POSITION
Jim Mazuchowski, Program Manager, V-6 Engine Programs
Click here to download related images.
- Jim Mazuchowski is the program manager for V-6 engine programs, helping to bring to market Ford’s newest engine technology including Mustang’s new 3.7-liter V-6 engine
- Responsible for all aspects of the V-6 engine program, Mazuchowski handles design and development, quality, cost, function, and implementation timing
- Mazuchowski, a Michigan native, enjoys biking and volunteering in his free time
Jim Mazuchowski grew up in a Ford family. His dad was a draftsman in the engine division for 33 years, and his brother also worked for Ford. For Mazuchowski, program manager for V-6 engine programs, this was a key factor in his career.
“Growing up, my dad would wake me up on the weekends, and we worked on cars together,” said Mazuchowski. “That, and his work at Ford were huge influences in my career direction.”
Mazuchowski and his team are responsible for all the new gas V-6 engines under development at Ford, including the naturally aspirated EcoBoost™ and flex fuel engines. The scope of his work is something Mazuchowski enjoys – whether it’s design and development, quality, cost and function aspects, or implementing timing.
“I really enjoy the variety of tasks, the pressure and urgency involved, along with the great people I get to work with,” he said. “The work we do directly impacts the customer and is key to Ford’s fuel economy and sustainability strategy as well as quality and customer satisfaction.”
Since coming to Ford in 1988, Mazuchowski has held several positions that helped prepare him for his job in engine program management. Those roles included helping launch a series of V-8 engines, running manufacturing operations at the Cleveland Casting Plant, product design and development work, and strategic planning.
“I’m really fortunate and feel lucky about my career at Ford,” he said. “I’ve had so many experiences and assignments. On top of that, I’ve worked with very smart, hard-working people.”
Mazuchowski graduated from Michigan State University with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. He also received a master’s degree in industrial engineering from the University of Michigan.
A love for all things Ford
Since Mazuchowski’s engines are spread across lineups, he is enthusiastic about all Ford vehicles. His favorite all-time Ford is the F-150 because of its strong performance, dependability and longevity – all reflective of the company’s image and values, he says.
And although his garage is currently filled with a Taurus X and Focus, he can’t wait to park a 2011 Mustang – with the new V-6 engine – in there, as well.
Personal Insights and Fun Facts
- Jim Mazuchowski has been married for 20 years. He and his wife have three daughters, two of whom are newly minted drivers
- Jim’s favorite place is on his bike. This year he rode from East Lansing, Mich., to the east side of the Upper Peninsula
- Jim has volunteered for 20 years to raise awareness about multiple sclerosis and put an end to the disease
- His first car was a 1972 Ford Maverick
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 200,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com .