2010 FORD TAURUS WINS FIRST-EVER EDMUNDS.COM TECHNOLOGY BREAKTHROUGH AWARD
2010 Ford Taurus
Click here to download related images.
- The 2010 Ford Taurus is the winner of the first-ever Edmunds.com Technology Breakthrough Award; the award was presented today at the 2010 International CES (Consumer Electronics Show®) in Las Vegas
- The Taurus offers more user-friendly technology than other cars twice its price, including 10 class-exclusive technologies not available from any other manufacturer
- In addition to receiving the Edmunds.com Technology Breakthrough Award, the Taurus is serving as the official vehicle of CES, and the 2010 Taurus SHO was dubbed Esquire magazine’s first-ever “Car of the Year”
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 7, 2010 – America’s most innovative sedan, the hot-selling 2010 Ford Taurus, is the winner of the first-ever Edmunds.com Technology Breakthrough Award. The announcement was made today at the 2010 International CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas.
“We chose the 2010 Ford Taurus to receive the first annual Edmunds.com Breakthrough Technology Award because the vehicle offers an extensive and impressive array of electronic amenities that also represent an excellent value for consumers,” said Doug Newcomb, senior technology editor, Edmunds.com.
The Edmunds.com Technology Breakthrough Award is presented to vehicles that set the standard for intuitive, practical and affordable technology that enhances safety and convenience
for drivers and passengers. Any new vehicle available for sale within the U.S. within the last year is eligible to receive the award.
With its expressive styling, the Taurus offers more user-friendly technology than other cars twice its price, including 10 class-exclusive technologies not available from any other manufacturer.
“In addition to the innovative Ford SYNC® system that provides voice-activated Bluetooth and iPod connectivity and free features such as 911 Assist™ and turn-by-turn navigation, the Taurus also has heated and cooled Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion™, Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross Traffic Alert, SIRIUS Travel Link™ and SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad,” said Newcomb.
Other class-exclusive features include:
- Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel Filler – a self-seal system without a traditional fuel cap. No lost, dangling or spinning caps. It seals automatically every time.
- Sony Audio® System – a surround-sound system that delivers Dolby® Digital
5.1 sound through 12 high-quality Sony speakers.
- Available EcoBoost™ V-6 – a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6 engine that delivers the output of a V-8, 365 horsepower, without compromising its V-6 fuel economy.
- MyKey™ – a programmable feature that allows parents to limit top speed and audio volume and set speed alert chimes to encourage safer driving.
In addition to receiving the Edmunds.com Technology Breakthrough Award, the Taurus is serving as the official vehicle of CES, and the 2010 Taurus SHO was dubbed Esquire magazine’s first-ever “Car of the Year.” Since going on sale in August 2009, Ford's all-new Taurus has received more than a dozen awards from an array of leading consumer and automotive publications.
For additional coverage of the Edmunds.com Technology Breakthrough Award, visit http://blogs.edmunds.com/strategies/ .
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 200,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com .