Mileage: 90432
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Color: White
Engine: 302

I have a 79 reg cab shortbed 2wd. that I bought a little over two years ago from Vacaville, Calif. and have driven it every day since. It started out new as a maintenance truck for the Vacaville school district and stayed in service until '07 when it and other vehicles were vandilized. Instead of replacing the three broken windows they auctioned it off and went to a Farmer from the same area. He kept it a little less than a year then I bought it and had it shipped to IL. It was rust free but has a few small dents and what I mean by "was" rust free is that I drove it through the last two IL. winters. I noticed a few pin holes in the floor pans so I cut out the small sections and replaced it with stainless. The cab corners, doors, fenders and quarters are in great shape except for the small dings here and there. However the right taillight area was hit then filled in with bondo but I ground out to survey the damage. I have replaced many and upgraded parts throughout. Upgrades includes Lincoln Mark VII electric fan, 3G alternator, high output heater with heater box, footwell lighting, CD player contour rear bumper, new front bumper with NOS bumper guards, headlight relays and so on. It has power brakes but no power steering. The engine is the original 302 and added a Edelbrock 600 carb and long tube headers. Oil pressure is around 50 psi when warm. Transmission is the original C6 but was rebuilt last year ($1100) Rear is a open 3.25. It has all new weatherstrip including the beltlines, wing w/s is original. Tires have about 6K miles on them and are BFG Radial T/As. Exhaust is dual exiting in front of the rear wheels with dual stainless tips. I'm selling this as part of a deal I made with the wife, I bought a '02 Silverado and told her I'd let go of the Ford. It's been a great truck and can be driven anywhere. Mileage is original at 90,432 Fill free to call me with any question (309) 846-0827

Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 AM
robjs111
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you send pics?

Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
alconk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better yet here is the ebay item # 150490136605