Mileage: 560000
Color: Silver/black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OR
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Engine: 475 Cat

Thought someone here might be interested,

The Story: My grandfather closed the doors on his trucking company 4 years ago. He had a small fleet of flatbeds located in norther California.

He Planned on keeping 1 truck and just running during the summer when the weather was good ....well things didn't work out that way and his health is failing. He has asked me to find good homes for all his rolling stock so as not to burden my grandmother.

the truck is a 2001 Peterbilt with a 60" walk in sleeper. It has a 475 cat that has been maintained to a T. It is turned up quite a bit but has always been driven easy. It has a 15 speed and 3:36 rear-ends. Tires and wheels are 11/22.5 all aluminum and polished. It has late 60's quad round headlight's with j mount's. The light's where all rebuilt with modern internals and put out great light. It has 7" straights with turnouts, I think they measure about 13"6" from the ground.

Trailer is a 2000 45' ravens spread axle in premo shape and mechanical condition.

if anyone wants more pictures and info shoot me an email and I'll giive you my cell number.

truck comes ready to go with all straps, v boards, 1 set of lumber tarps and one set of freight tarps. There are no chains and binders but if interested we could find some.

All you need to do is paint your name on the door and go to work

thanks for looking and keep my grandfather Jim in your prayers.

also for sale 1955 Chevy, 1976 Corvette, 1976 Cadillac eldo convertable and a 2004 1ton Chevy duramax.

If interested in any of the above let me know.

p.s. I had to put ford in the make or it wouldn't let me post

Attached Images   
Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man Steve, that truck is sweet, I would love to have that. Prayers to your gramps and good luck for the sale..

Old 06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Mike,

Grandpa is doing Better, I think the tough old bugger is going to pull through he's got enough people praying for him. Not to mention he is just to stubborn to die, he'll just keep living out of habit.

Price is down to 35K for the truck only, he'd probably take 40 for the whole setup. My wife and I have even considered buying it and putting as driver in it. The is still a lot of money to be made in the trucking industry.

as a side not the load that is on the trailer in the pictures is a load of bibles going from Tacoma WA to LA. I thought that was kind of cool when he told me.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by big poppa
Man Steve, that truck is sweet, I would love to have that. Prayers to your gramps and good luck for the sale..
I couldn't have said it better.
MS keeps me off the road these days, but that's almost exactly the truck I always wanted to own.