6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Codes - P0100, P01C6, and U0106

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Ralphf250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Codes - P0100, P01C6, and U0106

Hello, I have a 2013 f250 with deletes , spartan tuner, air intake, and exhaust upgrade. Few days after upgrade I got code P0100 , I was told to delete but it comes eighth back on, tech support told me they are working on fix for it. Then few weeks later I just got codes P01C6 and U0106. Any ideas on how to fix these issues. I feel like the truck is not responding 100% feels off because of this.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:07 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
U0106 is loss of communications to the glow plug module. Check your connectors. P01C6 is not found in the following Ford OBDII document for you 2013 truck.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/fo...DOBDSM1301.pdf

Old 03-30-2017, 05:12 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
tuner related. Spartan needs to find the fix or give your money back.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:09 AM
cappa
Senior User
Just wondering if you removed your nox modules from the frame of the truck when you deleted? There has been cases of the module not being removed, filling with snow and water in the winter, then shorting out causing fuse #36 to blow under the hood which will cause the loss of communication with glow plug module code. Remove the modules, there are two on 15+ trucks and replace the fuse if this is the case and all should be good.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:19 PM
JetExpress_6.7
Senior User
Late to the party here guys but figured I'd throw my .02 in. I've had the P01C6 code since I updated firmware on my ngauge (also running Spartan tuning, now Patriot). The code is for "Fuel Rail Temp Sensor A Circuit High" as per my FORScan DTC list. The firmware update from Patriot was so that the gauge could read the fuel temp PID so I strongly believe it has something to do with that...

Hopefully the OP see's this. Also, Larry I'm not sure why none of Ford's literature that I can find has this code listed in it...displays on other scan tools as "Unknown SAE DTC"

Old 10-31-2017, 11:26 AM
flightdoc13
New User
Originally Posted by cappa
Just wondering if you removed your nox modules from the frame of the truck when you deleted? There has been cases of the module not being removed, filling with snow and water in the winter, then shorting out causing fuse #36 to blow under the hood which will cause the loss of communication with glow plug module code. Remove the modules, there are two on 15+ trucks and replace the fuse if this is the case and all should be good.
So I am having the same exact problem; deleted 2016 F250, been about a year since deletes and now throwing error codes P0100 and U0106 along with fuse #36 being blown. I did find that they only disconnected the rear NOx sensor ( right rear passenger frame rail above exhaust pipe close to spare tire) and ziptied it to the frame (left it plugged into the module). I unplugged the NOx sensor from the module and replaced fuse 36. Cleared the codes, glow plug light came on and would not turn off. Turned the truck off and turned the key to ignition, engine light and both codes are back and now there is no glow plug light again.....Blew the fuse again. I have heard that there are (2) NOx sensor modules on the frame and thought I would check that one next but can't locate it. Where is the forward, other NOx sensor module located on the frame? Thanks in advance

Old 10-31-2017, 02:19 PM
cappa
Senior User
I think the forward one was either on the inside or outside of the passenger frame rail about a foot or so in front of the rear axle.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:49 PM
flightdoc13
New User
Originally Posted by cappa
I think the forward one was either on the inside or outside of the passenger frame rail about a foot or so in front of the rear axle.
Thanks Cappa, I will check the other one tonight. I should just have to unplug the sensors going into the modules and not remove the modules themselves correct?

Old 10-31-2017, 03:14 PM
cappa
Senior User
I had the same issue on my front one. I unplugged and removed the nox sensor off of the frame. When I deleted mine I packed all the connections with di-electric grease, cut the fingers off of rubber gloves and put over the connections, then black taped them all up to keep moisture out. I missed the one on the nox module thou. I would check the other connections for grime, clean out with contact cleaner depending on how you left them when deleting and protect them if they aren't already. I have not had any issues for over a year since removing that nox module.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:49 AM
flightdoc13
New User
Thanks for the reply, I will let you know how it all turns out. Will probably get to it this weekend

Old 02-04-2019, 05:01 PM
bcvickers
New User
Originally Posted by flightdoc13
Thanks for the reply, I will let you know how it all turns out. Will probably get to it this weekend
Did you ever find a fix for this issue? My '14 is doing the same thing under the exact same conditions.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:14 PM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 164 Posts
This is so funny!!!
You people spend all this money to remove stuff engineered by a multi billion company in lue of some tune buy some guy in a garage. Then you wonder why your truck doesn't run right.
Sorry OP but it's the same story all over the place. i deleted my truck or I bought a truck with a tune but didnt get a tuner with the truck. Or the other guy, I had a simple problem and took it to the dealer and didn't tell I had a tune so when he flashed the computer with a update now his truck doesn't run correctly. I spent $60,000 on a truck and there is no way i want to have a truck with codes sitting in my driveway. Sure they don't smog in your area but do you really think spending $3 or 4 thousand to remove something engineered to be on your truck is making it better.
I wish people would stop doing this to a truck. If you want something fast go buy the new GT500.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:02 PM
bcvickers
New User
Originally Posted by The Bone
This is so funny!!!
You people spend all this money to remove stuff engineered by a multi billion company in lue of some tune buy some guy in a garage. Then you wonder why your truck doesn't run right.
Sorry OP but it's the same story all over the place. i deleted my truck or I bought a truck with a tune but didnt get a tuner with the truck. Or the other guy, I had a simple problem and took it to the dealer and didn't tell I had a tune so when he flashed the computer with a update now his truck doesn't run correctly. I spent $60,000 on a truck and there is no way i want to have a truck with codes sitting in my driveway. Sure they don't smog in your area but do you really think spending $3 or 4 thousand to remove something engineered to be on your truck is making it better.
I wish people would stop doing this to a truck. If you want something fast go buy the new GT500.
Wow, thanks for your incredibly helpful reply! Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you didn't have anything helpful to say you can keep it to yourself? Or, did you ever think that we (the "deleter's" if you will) have willingly modified our trucks because that's what we like to do maybe we didn't want to be replacing expensive emissions components down the road. Or maybe we didn't want to be stranded alongside the road because of a single sensor in said emissions equipment that your infamous multi-billion dollar company designed decided to crap the bed. If you live under the delusion that that awesome company installs all of the related equipment in the name of performance or longevity or for some benefit of the consumer you're crazier than we (the "deleter's") are.

So please kind sir, find your own way to the door. I'd be happy to listen to any other actual helpful advice or information from other distinguished posters if you care to share it.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:40 PM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by bcvickers
Wow, thanks for your incredibly helpful reply! Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you didn't have anything helpful to say you can keep it to yourself? Or, did you ever think that we (the "deleter's" if you will) have willingly modified our trucks because that's what we like to do maybe we didn't want to be replacing expensive emissions components down the road. Or maybe we didn't want to be stranded alongside the road because of a single sensor in said emissions equipment that your infamous multi-billion dollar company designed decided to crap the bed. If you live under the delusion that that awesome company installs all of the related equipment in the name of performance or longevity or for some benefit of the consumer you're crazier than we (the "deleter's") are.

So please kind sir, find your own way to the door. I'd be happy to listen to any other actual helpful advice or information from other distinguished posters if you care to share it.
Why did you buy this truck in the first place. Ford made a piece of crap so you say. We deleters so you call yourself should have bought a Chevy.
Maybe you should have bought a bicycle instead. You make no sense at all. Maybe the emissions will go bad. Maybe you get stranded on the side of the road. Maybe you should lift the hood and do some maintenance for a change. Here is my helpful advice dont remove stuff from your truck and your truck will give you years of reliable service. If you delete this stuff from your truck expect problems.
You kind sir are a *** and not a smart one.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:03 PM
JetExpress_6.7
Senior User
Originally Posted by bcvickers
Did you ever find a fix for this issue? My '14 is doing the same thing under the exact same conditions.
Are you using Patriot tunes and/or their device? They had released a firmware (or software, I can't remember which) a while ago to help correct this, but I have not gotten around to uploading that revision yet to see if it fixes the ghost CEL. Just about every morning that is below freezing, I still get the P01C6 code. I just clear and go about my day, it'll bug me enough to change it one day haha

Quick Reply: Codes - P0100, P01C6, and U0106