Sponsored by: Moser

Theft Alarm: Is Deactivation Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 06:33 PM
TrailKroozr
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theft Alarm: Is Deactivation Possible?

Is it just me, or can it be difficult to understand all the permutations of the theft alarm on the F-150? Example: You can use the key to open the driver's door. Then, thinking the coast is clear, you open a crew door and...bamm!...the alarm goes off. Personally, I'm growing weary of scrambling for my keys to silence the d%*n alarm. (My neighbors are weary also.)

So, what steps do I take to defeat the alarm entirely? I don't care about it. I don't want it. Are there any settings that can be altered? How about settings that FORScan can change? Circuit breakers?

Years ago I had a vehicle that used a dedicated horn for the alarm. I unplugged the horn. Does the F-150 use a dedicated horn?

Anyone else out there feel the same way about vehicle theft alarms?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:28 PM
2jhanna
More Turbo
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
When I use my key to unlock and open the driver's door, I get a warning beeping tone for about 10 seconds or so, before the horn goes off.

Within that warning time, I can hit the button on the remote, or insert key and turn on, to disable horn sounding.

Do you have this?

Old 02-26-2017, 10:02 PM
TrailKroozr
Freshman User
True, I could nullify the alarm by pressing a button on the remote or switch the ignition on using the key. However, the alarm didn't go off until I opened the rear door. This was several minutes after opening the driver's door, using the key. Seems weird to me. In any event, I thought using the key would, in all cases, let the vehicle know that you are a bono fide operator, not a thief.

I'd still like to know how to defeat the antitheft system. Fuse? Software? Circuit breaker?

Old 02-27-2017, 06:48 AM
2jhanna
More Turbo
I'm still trying to understand your problem.

If, as you approach your truck, you press the unlock button on the remote twice, can you not open the rear door, or any door, without the alarm sounding?

Edit, does your truck only have the built in factory system, or does it have an additional add on system, like the Ford PowerCode VSS system.

Any kind of add on system should have a small red led mounted some where visual able on the dash.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:28 AM
rjniles
Freshman User
Why are you using the key instead of the button on the fob?

Old 02-27-2017, 07:46 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rjniles
Why are you using the key instead of the button on the fob?
Just wondered that too

Old 02-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by 2jhanna
If, as you approach your truck, you press the unlock button on the remote twice, can you not open the rear door, or any door, without the alarm sounding?
If anyone is interested, there is a way to program the key to unlock all doors with just one press. I made a post here on that: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ss-of-fob.html

Old 02-27-2017, 08:32 AM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
If you used the key to unlock the door, it shouldn't be much of a scramble to find them again to silence the alarm.

Any time you unlock the truck using the key it will trigger the alarm. Just something to keep in mind until you find a solution.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:23 AM
2jhanna
More Turbo
Every reply here is pretty much the same, WHY.

There must be something else going on here that the OP has not shared with us.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:36 PM
TrailKroozr
Freshman User
Factory alarm. (No third-party alarm.) Are all factory alarms the same? Are their any optional enhanced levels of a F-150 theft alarm that I may have?

Story details: Truck in garage. Opened the driver's door with key because I chose to do so. Phone rang in house and I answered the call, leaving my keys in the kitchen. Went back to truck and continued messing about in the cab for a few minutes while sitting in driver's seat. Needed something behind driver's seat. Jumped out of vehicle, opened rear door behind driver's seat. At this point, the alarm warning initiates its countdown to doomsday. (Why?) But I can't orverride the countdown because I don't have my keys. Bam! Alarm goes off.

If it were up to me, I'd pay a few dollars more to order a vehicle without an alarm. I've had that much trouble with them over the years.

So, can anyone tell me if it is at all possible to defeat...permanently...the theft alarm on this vehicle. I'll pull fuses and circuit breakers if necessary.

If a complete system defeat is not possible, are there any theft alarm settings that can be modified to dumb the thing down? For example, if there's a motion-sensing and/or perimeter area sensing capability, can these features be disabled leaving just basic alarm features?

The horn: It's one thing for the alarm to trigger. It's another for the neighborhood (and my wife) to have to listen to the thing. So...does anyone know if the theft alarm uses a dedicated horn? Or, does the system utilize the ops normal klaxon? (Easy to find out for myself, but quieter if I get a response here.) If a dedicated horn, I'll simply pull the connecting wires off.

Thanks all.....

(2014 EcoBoost SCrew)

Old 03-01-2017, 08:04 PM
2jhanna
More Turbo
^sorry, but I still don't buy it. When you opened the front door with the key, that should have started the alarm warning period count down. To cancel the count down, either insert and turn key on, or hit the remotes unlock button.

Now, as I stated above, there is a Ford add on system, called the PowerCode VSS system with red led.

Either way, I cant answer your question, but also don't see how difficult hitting a button on the remote is. Got to be easier than manually unlocking a door with a key.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Dont think you can disable the alarm. if you use the key to unlock it, you have just a moment to get the key in the ignition lock and turn the key to on. you are going to have to learn to use the fob. if you cut wires, you will just screw up the truck. the alarm will keep the truck from starting too....................so learn how to unlock it with the fob.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:48 PM
TrailKroozr
Freshman User
OK....l get it....love the FOB.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:47 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailKroozr
Story details: Truck in garage. Opened the driver's door with key because I chose to do so. Phone rang in house and I answered the call, leaving my keys in the kitchen. Went back to truck and continued messing about in the cab for a few minutes while sitting in driver's seat. Needed something behind driver's seat. Jumped out of vehicle, opened rear door behind driver's seat. At this point, the alarm warning initiates its countdown to doomsday. (Why?) But I can't orverride the countdown because I don't have my keys. Bam! Alarm goes off.
Not being sarcastic, but if you are not concerned about theft in your area - why are you even locking it while in the garage? I can't offer up much help as I've never used the key in door to unlock. I do understand, there are some things that the manufacturers do that can't be changed and it's annoying. I personally find the "light show" from the running lights annoying when you hit unlock or open the doors. The only way to change this is with ForScan and enable police mode dark which disables all lights INCLUDING the dome light. I only want the dome light to come on when unlocking or opening the door. Oh well, it is what it is. I digress.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:55 AM
rjniles
Freshman User
If you lock the truck with the key or the lock button, the alarm will not activate if you unlock it with the key. Only locking with the fob sets the alarm.

Quick Reply: Theft Alarm: Is Deactivation Possible?