Remote keyless entry module

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:40 PM
Dennis.Sherman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote keyless entry module

Does anyone know of a "stay alive speedometer/odometer" function in the keyless remote module that has a memory for speedometer?

I'm looking for the keyless entry module with part number F3VF-14B128-A. Mine has doe broken or burnt diodes in it. I was going to replace them myself but am being told unless I know the exact specifications for them I won't be able to. I would need the wiring schematic for the boards in the module to get that info. So I'm trying to find a module. I'm being told this will control my speedometer as well. If you have one get with me at shermand34@gmail.com.

Thanks

Dennis Sherman

Old 03-25-2017, 09:36 AM
krifenbu
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dennis.Sherman
Does anyone know of a "stay alive speedometer/odometer" function in the keyless remote module that has a memory for speedometer?

I'm looking for the keyless entry module with part number F3VF-14B128-A. Mine has doe broken or burnt diodes in it. I was going to replace them myself but am being told unless I know the exact specifications for them I won't be able to. I would need the wiring schematic for the boards in the module to get that info. So I'm trying to find a module. I'm being told this will control my speedometer as well. If you have one get with me at shermand34@gmail.com.

Thanks

Dennis Sherman
Hello. I saw your request for a keyless entry module. I am going to ask if you could post a pic of the module you need. That part number doesn't look right. I really don't think that the keyless entry module has anything to do with the speedometer.

Here is a pic of the module for my 1995 F250 7.3 diesel truck.

You have the 7.3 diesel and they guys in the "1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel" forum here are really good at helping with about any kind of problem, from motor to wiring to fuel. You may just want to start a post there about the shifting problem if the speed sensor in the rear end didn't fix your problem.

Kevin

Old 03-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Dennis.Sherman
New User
Looks just like yours

Originally Posted by krifenbu
Hello. I saw your request for a keyless entry module. I am going to ask if you could post a pic of the module you need. That part number doesn't look right. I really don't think that the keyless entry module has anything to do with the speedometer.

Here is a pic of the module for my 1995 F250 7.3 diesel truck.

You have the 7.3 diesel and they guys in the "1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel" forum here are really good at helping with about any kind of problem, from motor to wiring to fuel. You may just want to start a post there about the shifting problem if the speed sensor in the rear end didn't fix your problem.

Kevin
it

mine looks just like yours. I'll have to figure out how to add a picture. But the numbers I listed is exactly what's on

Old 03-25-2017, 12:45 PM
krifenbu
Tuned
I would guess that your sticker is missing on your RKE module and the part number you have been looking up is just for the plastic case. I think F3VF-15K602-AC is the number for the module. There is some on Ebay. They are also in 1994 and 1995 Taurus vehicles. Local Pick-n-Pull charges $20.00 for them if you can find them.

I don't know if the speedometer has a voltage you can test, but here is a link to a workshop manual.

1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual

We have only rear ABS brakes on the OBS 7.3 and "Section 06-09A: Brake System, Anti-Lock, Rear" talks about them.

If you go into the brake section it gives some electrical schematics and it shows the VSS. Then it shows it goes to the ABS module behind the glove box (looks like I might have been wrong about it going through the RABS valve).

You could OHM out the sensor at the rear, plug it back in and then find the wires where they go next and OHM them out again and if they are the same then you know your wiring is good to the rear of the truck.

Is the red brake light or the ABS light on in the instrument cluster?

If you need anything else, just ask.

Kevin

Old 03-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Dennis.Sherman
New User
Keyless entry module

Kevin,

you are correct. There's no sticker on mine. I was going off the plastic case as being the number. As for the ABS light. Yes it is on too. I did open up the keyless module and it does have some burned out be broken diodes in it. I appreciate your help a lot.

Dennis

Old 03-25-2017, 08:48 PM
krifenbu
Tuned
Glad to be of help. That online workshop manual will tell you how to get error codes for the RABS. I am betting it is something to do with the VSS since you don't have the speedometer working.

I still don't think the keyless module has anything to do with the speedometer though. It might have a signal that locks the doors when the vehicle is taken out of PARK, but I would think it gets the signal somewhere else and the speedometer doesn't go through it.

My truck is a 1995 and I added the keyless entry module and exterior keypad to it, so from the factory the speedometer worked without the module.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Kevin