2014 transit connect stamped vin locations

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 02:42 PM
jonagpa
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 transit connect stamped vin locations

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out if the ford transit connect year 2014 has a vin stamp anywhere (not the sticker, but actually stamped). I need to trace it on a piece of paper so I can take it to the DMV. If you want to know why, please read below, or you can skip if you dont want any details. THANKS !

Let me explain. I am moving to a new state and need to transfer my title to the new state as well. A requirement is to do so is to have the Department of motor vehicles physically/visually see the vin number on your vehicle OR you can trace the number with a pencil to a piece of paper. The tracing requires that the vin number be stamped, meaning the door vin sticker will not suffice.

now my problem is that I am physically in the new state but the vehicle is still in my old state. I wont pick up my vehicle for a couple of months and the law requires me to transfer the title sooner.

I believe the vin in the dash/windshield is the stamp type but i am not 100 percent sure. I will have a friend to go trace it and mail it to me BUT the vehicle is located a bit far and I rather not have them drive just to find out its just a sticker as well.

Long post I know

Old 02-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If no one else pipes up I'll check the lot on Monday for you. I've heard that requirement for transferring a title from one name to another, but I never knew any states required such measures if it's already in your name. Did you find the info on a website or did a les than helpful DMV person tell you? What state are you moving to? Sometimes you can go back and ask the same question and get a different answer! It's a bit nuts.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:46 AM
jonagpa
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply!

I am moving to PA. As far as I understand, PA's DMV works with third party notaries (authorized agents) and has them handle all the title transfers (for sales and transfers from another state). So I called a couple of agents and asked for the requierents. they both said that I needed to have the vehicle with me.I then brought up the DMV website and how it states a trace of the number is required, they said that I can have the number traced on a paper but that most new cars only have stickers and so there is no way to trace it but that tracing is allowed.

So I went out to dinner last night and on my way I was trying to spot a connect, luckily I did. Unfortunately I found out that the vin on the dash is a sticker also...

Ive been trying to find out if there is another vin location and so far I only found this site:

Ford Transit Connect VIN vehicle Identification number locations and VIN decoder - VIN Number Location.com

Says that there is a vin number stamed on the floor panal in front of the passenger seat. It also looks like this may be the previous model because it states for connects produced after 2014 and it is a third party website so who knows if that info is correct

Hope someone here can take a few minutes to see if its true otherwise im SOL

Old 02-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
I live in PA and moved down to Georgia and then back up here. Though I never switched my Mustang back to PA (it's sitting in the back yard), and the 83 Malibu was too old to ever get a title in GA and I just kept the old PA one through my 3 year GA life, so I guess now that I think about it I never tried. I'll ask tomorrow at work, perhaps I'll bring my Mustang title in and see what happens. I had to get rubbings for two antique cars I purchased from out of state, but I was transferring from someone else name into mine. You could also try the ignorant approach. I bet if you went into enough title places someone wouldn't know and they'd push it through. That sorta stuff happens all the time with DMVs.

Welcome to Pennsylvania! I'm quite a fan myself.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Okay, well not okay.

We do need the either see the vin or see the rubbing. However, if you have a friend with a PA inspection certification, they can also verify it! So maybe a road trip back home with your new PA inspection friend! The PA MF-1 Application for Cert of Title allows for either a mechanic OR notary, so I guess you could find a notary friend too. Either would work. Doesn't help too much, sorry, but it's one more way to get it done.

Old 10-16-2023, 10:31 AM
Matt79F250
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supposedly on the front inside frame horn.

Old 10-16-2023, 10:53 AM
BC2019F250
Tuned
Received 210 Likes on 105 Posts
The VIN under the windsheild is a plate, not a sticker.