2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Color questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:48 AM
Chris Crews
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Color questions

Hey all, I know a couple threads have been started before on this color and that color but I've been looking at all kinds of trucks and so far the colors that draw to me have been

black , magnetic , silver and white.

Now my current truck is black and I love it but damn if it's not a pain to keep clean and notice scratches!

My papa had a white truck and it didn't seem
to show dirt as much.

My first question is which of these colors would be best for hiding scratches, dirt and normal road grime.

My second is besides black and white is the dark gray and silver hard to modify with? Like does this color make it harder to add aftermarket stuff because the color clashes so much?

thanks for all the input. I look forward to hearing what people have to say on colors I haven't ever had experience with!

Old 02-20-2017, 05:52 AM
kry226
Fleet Mechanic
Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts
A lighter metallic color is what you want. I prefer silver and my last two silver vehicles hid an insane amount of Texas pinstriping. Aftermarket is generally a personal preference, but I like the silver with the traditional chrome bumpers, etc. Admittedly, I'm pretty much out of the aftermarket game. Too much money, and a lot of products cause too many problems.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Chris Crews
Elder User
Yeah I was told silver is a good choice for scratches and road wear.

What about white and magnetic?

note will be doing light off reading in vechile. Going into woods etc.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Forddiesel06
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like white especially down here in the south where it gets hot.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:45 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
White Gold is awesome,I have noticed I am not washing my truck every weekend like I was on my 2011.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
White gold is a beautiful color. I think White is the best for hiding scratches as most gentle scratches are in the clear coat and show up white anyhow. It doesn't show dirt as much as one might think. I live on a farm and use my trucks and cars in the fields from time to time and my white car rarely looks dirty. Also it hides salt very well if you live up north (though you should obviously be washing this off, but that doesn't happen day one for most folks).

Old 02-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Chris Crews
Elder User
Yeah I am thinking about white the more and more I think about having to wash one haha.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:31 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
I've always had 5white trucks in a row, this time I decided to go with the magnetic. My first truck when I was 16 was metallic gray/silver so I've always liked that color.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:03 PM
OrangeDonkey
Freshman User
Those were also the same four colors I was considering. I thought I had settled on white, my last F-150 was white and it was great for dirt and scratches. Around here, everyone has white, so I ended up going magnetic. I love you he color and it doesn't show dirt as bad as black.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Chris Crews
Elder User
Originally Posted by OrangeDonkey
Those were also the same four colors I was considering. I thought I had settled on white, my last F-150 was white and it was great for dirt and scratches. Around here, everyone has white, so I ended up going magnetic. I love you he color and it doesn't show dirt as bad as black.
can you drive down a dirt road without it being completely filthy? Like black after you wash it?

what do you think about it with scratches?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:55 AM
cecilt
Elder User
I hate dirty and dusty vehicles. Of the colors you mentioned I would rule out black and magnetic instantly. I've owned both and won't again. If you absolutely hate to wash get the silver as it is the best for hiding dust and dirt. Second is white. I love white and would never own silver as I think silver is vey boring but that is my opinion only. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:36 PM
Eric Animal
Freshman User
Ingot Silver.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
I love my White Gold/Caribou color that I choose this year. Very easy to keep clean.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:04 PM
OrangeDonkey
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Chris Crews
can you drive down a dirt road without it being completely filthy? Like black after you wash it?

what do you think about it with scratches?
As for dirt, it's not as bad as black but it could be better. Like others have stated, silver is the best for dirt.

As for scratches, only time will tell. I'm guessing it won't be too bad in that department. I love the color, it looks awesome in the sun light.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:41 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am in Arizona and live on a dirt road. I like the white for always looking good. I did paint my jeep the old ford Arizona Beige color which is a lot like white gold. It looks great even when wheeling. So I went with white gold on my 17.
I owned a silver car and it looked great, but I thought it looked dirty fast

Quick Reply: Color questions