2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Help me find my truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Lgxtreme
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me find my truck

Ok guys, so here is the problem. My truck was ordered late October and I did the paperwork before the truck arrived. Now in the ford system when the dealership tries to search the vehicle it shows sold and tracking in available . They can not give me an answer. The GM of the dealership has called the zone manager the last 2 weeks and still no answer. Truck has been built since dec. 3 . I will add a pic of the last update we have with ford. If there is anyone who can help it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Louis

Old 01-23-2017, 02:06 PM
railrode1
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I feel your pain. Mine was built 12/3 also, and it sat at the factory till 1/7. It was loaded on a rail car with others that were built 1/5... Then the rail car needed repairs to the coupler, that took an additional week. Once the rail car was released, my dealer got an update and gave me the car number. I was able to track it's history at work and see the other VIN's loaded on it. It also had 57 miles on it when i went to pick it up.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Lgxtreme
New User
That's odd

my dealer told me usually when a new truck comes in , it usually has 16 miles on avg. It wouldn't be so bad if I could track but since I did the paperwork it's untraceable. You would think a multi billion dollar company should of figured this out by now.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Shows sold by Ancira Ford. Is the truck still physically there? It's possible someone paper delivered the wrong truck, meaning, someone is driving a completely different truck, but did their paperwork on yours. That seems most likely if the truck is still there. If it's not there, then it probably was accidentally sold. There isn't anything that prevents this unfortunately, but they owe ya a few favors if that happened!

Old 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
railrode1
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Look here at this site. https://palsapp.com/ Don't worry with the login info. Just put your vin in the upper right corner and click search. A litt pop down will show your info. I noticed it has a freight bill #0696837399 with Jack Cooper Transport. The destination shows "Null". Have your dealer give then a call.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Lgxtreme
New User
Yes I actually purchased the truck at Ancira ford

Old 01-24-2017, 12:00 AM
KYLongRifle
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I finished all the paperwork on my trade in and signed for the new truck Jan 3rd... Truck was built Dec 9th and still is not delivered or even showing ETA. I also ran the palsapp.com check and my VIN is showing the same as yours.... no ETA, no destination, and the freight bill is populated.

Here is the latest information i got from my dealer last friday.
"I spoke with our Ford plant rep, and she told me that there's a quality control hold on Super Duty trucks at the moment, and that they'd have to inspect every Super Duty before it left-- whether it'd previously been released or not. "
Then they told me Saturday that they have requested my truck get pushed up to earlier inspection and blah blah blah.

Good luck to you my friend.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:18 AM
Lgxtreme
New User
Thanks Everyone for the responses. All I know is that ford should definitely get a better tracking system.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:05 AM
BigStu59
Senior User
I can't help you find your truck but what I can do is give some insite on the delays for my truck. It was order 9/26/16 and built on 11/7/2016. Sat at KTP for over 2 months before it shipped. It finally got delivered to the dealership on 1/20/2017 and I pick it up on 1/21/2017. It had 77 miles when I drove it of off the lot. Reading this forum since last August. It appears my truck was held at KTP for quality testing. Ford will not tell why it took over 2 1/2 months from build date to delivery. Some people on this form say the extra miles is because the truck got pulled to be tested. I'm fine with that because it gives me a peace of mind that it was put through its paces before it left the plant.

The wait was killing me because I too had done the paperwork back in November when I was promised the truck would be delivered by the end of November. Dealership processed the loan and I had made my first payment, received the licenses plates, and insured the truck, before I had taken delivery. I was a not a happy camper. Once I drove it off of the lot it was all forgiven and it had a lot to do with this forum and these threads. All I can say is be patience ( I know it is hard to do because I was not).

Oh by the way the truck is AWESOME

Hope this helps.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Lgxtreme
New User
Thanks Big, I totally understand what you mean. Thankful for you guys, atleast I'm getting similar stories. It makes me feel a lot better.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:03 AM
67mule
Trailering
Originally Posted by KYLongRifle
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I finished all the paperwork on my trade in and signed for the new truck Jan 3rd... Truck was built Dec 9th and still is not delivered or even showing ETA. I also ran the palsapp.com check and my VIN is showing the same as yours.... no ETA, no destination, and the freight bill is populated.

Here is the latest information i got from my dealer last friday.
"I spoke with our Ford plant rep, and she told me that there's a quality control hold on Super Duty trucks at the moment, and that they'd have to inspect every Super Duty before it left-- whether it'd previously been released or not. "
Then they told me Saturday that they have requested my truck get pushed up to earlier inspection and blah blah blah.

Good luck to you my friend.
That's crap! mine was built 12/9 and delivered to VA 1/10.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:31 AM
Lgxtreme
New User
Ok guys, my wife never seizes to amaze me. Somehow she called the plant directly and spoke to a really nice lady. So my truck is in transit and will be delivered 2/2-2/8. I just can't believe my dealership couldn't tell me this. So frustrating. I guess people just don't do their job anymore.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:48 AM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your wife made that story up so you'd calm down. She just thinks its a stupid truck. This is what my wife would do anyways.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Lgxtreme
New User
Originally Posted by oklarado
Your wife made that story up so you'd calm down. She just thinks its a stupid truck. This is what my wife would do anyways.

Lmfao, fortunately my doesn't play games. She can't stand when people don't do their job. On the flip side my lift is ordered and tires and wheels sitting in the shop. So I'm sure she is thinking it's a stupid truck

Old 01-24-2017, 04:42 PM
17450KR
Senior User
Originally Posted by Lgxtreme
Ok guys, my wife never seizes to amaze me. Somehow she called the plant directly and spoke to a really nice lady. So my truck is in transit and will be delivered 2/2-2/8. I just can't believe my dealership couldn't tell me this. So frustrating. I guess people just don't do their job anymore.

That's awesome! Can you please share the phone number so others here can do the same and get some resolution? Thanks and congrats on have such a resourceful spouse!

Quick Reply: Help me find my truck