2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

LineX question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 08:17 AM
achec
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LineX question

From what i remember there used to be just one lineX bedliner option and you can add UV protection.
Now there is a Platinum and Premium and a few others.

What do you guys have and recommend?

Also is it better to take bed bolts off or LINEX over them?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2016, 08:32 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just sharing this since I have it handy :-)

Thank you for yourinterest in LINE-X! It’s obvious you want the best protection available foryour vehicle and we at LINE-X of Indy want to earn your business.

Our Standard Black pricing for your Bed is
Short bed = $449
Long bed (8 ft ) = $ 499
for the under the rail application.
You can upgrade to over the rail protection for only $75 more.

We have several additional products available that can enhance the performanceand look of your vehicle/bedliner.

LINE-X PREMIUM – Our most popular product, PREMIUM is a composite that is UVresistant and retains a deep black color and finish for $130.00

LINE-X XTRA – Our custom color option, XTRA can be coded to any automotivepaint code. It is completely customizable and offers enhanced gloss and UV protection.There is an additional cost of $175 for the standard and black / $250 for anycolor.

LINE-X PLATINUM – Our most innovative bedliner yet, improved science that is300% tougher than the industry standard with added UV protection.
Short bed = $675
Long bed (8 ft ) = $725
for the under the rail application.

** Anti slip Add ( Super Aggressive )
+ $75.00

LINE-X Body Armor
Full or partial vehicle
Estimated quote with vehicle on site - only
(starting at $2500)

All LINE-X bedliners come with a Nationwide Lifetime Warranty.
No matter how you decide to personalize and protect the bed of your truck,think of LINE-X for the products and options you need.
Please feel free to check out some of our applications on our
Facebook page

We run monthly specials so please give us a call to see what is currentlyavailable.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:52 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Amarguard a local company here adds a painted coating to color match any colors. I would assume line x does the same. The paint can chip off or wear but it's always possible to touch up as well.

I did some reasearch when looking at doing rocker panels.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:55 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See "Line-X Xtra"above.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:38 PM
17F250
Freshman User
I used to just go with the standard linex all the time. The last couple times I went with the premium just to try the UV protection out. It definitely works and keeps it looking new 3-4 years down the road. My linex dealer charges a flat $100 extra for the premium over the standard. Some people really work their truck and could care less if it shines as crisp as new 3-4 years down the road so it really is just a decision thats up to you. Either one is durable and will do fine. Most linex places will remove the bed bolts and all hardware and spray and then replace. You may not ever need to have them out for anything but if you ever should, its much easier than having to grind it off later.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:06 PM
xdsceo
New User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with the LINE-X PLATINUM, it was worth the extra few dollars. My Line-X dealer had a stock Ford Spray-in sample piece and the Line-X was much thicker and nicer looking. They also removed all of the bed bolts and Box-link brackets.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:36 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Looks great. Did you notice if they removed the bed lights or taped around them?

Old 10-27-2016, 05:47 PM
xdsceo
New User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They removed everything except the rails caps, front bed plugs, and they taped around the LED Button. They were afraid that the grommet style parts wouldn't stay in because of the added wall thickness.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Wannaf250
Freshman User
Has anyone worried about removing and reinstalling the bolts. I read that during assembly a coating is applied which prevents the corrosion associated with dissimilar metals.

It may not be much of an issue...just wanted to see what folks think.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:16 PM
andyrice974
New User
I purchased a Line-X Machine for my facility where we built Fire Apparatus and remanufactured emergency service vehicles.

The simple answer is that the UV Protection is nothing more than a top coat of single stage paint.

15 minutes after the Line-X dried, we applied an ALK Single Stage Black Top Coat.

No more than 1 mil thick.

Also, yes...always remove all bolts. Except for bed to frame mounting.

Lastly, make sure they do not Line-X your bed drain plugs.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:33 PM
99SuperDuty2017
Senior User
I have seen Pics of Bed Bolts Sprayed with Line-X and Bed Bolts not sprayed with
Line-x. What is the right way?

Old 10-27-2016, 06:43 PM
andyrice974
New User
I would recommend spraying the bolts. Here's why:

1. Anytime you have Line-X on a flat surface where water can possibly stand, you want the Line-X to fully cover that area and not have any potential spots for water entrainment.

2. When you remove the bolts, and then Line X, the Line X of course cannot "wrap around" or cover the hole. This means, around the hole where the bolts goes the Line-X is not really "sealed"

3. When you have this scenario, there is a potential for water to get under the Line-X and cause it to start "floating" and coming off the bed and substrate.

4. This could especially happen if your drain plugs are in and water stands in the bed any at all.

It could never happen of course, especially if you live in a dry climate, but I've seen it quite a bit on decks of fire trucks where they were sprayed with Line-X for non-slip but had exposed bolts for tool mounting on the flat horizontal surfaces.

The Line-X started floating and peeling away from the body and deck.....and these were not high water concentration areas.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:26 PM
CoDash
New User
Going to try the Platinum tomorrow morning.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:22 PM
achec
Senior User
Thanks guys for all the info.

i think I'm leaning towards getting regular one not sure yet?

Undecided on bed bolt removal now too lol

Old 10-28-2016, 01:31 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by xdsceo
I went with the LINE-X PLATINUM, it was worth the extra few dollars. My Line-X dealer had a stock Ford Spray-in sample piece and the Line-X was much thicker and nicer looking. They also removed all of the bed bolts and Box-link brackets.
I think my Ford liner looks great, as good as any Line-X. I had a Line-X installed on my 2016 F-350, which was not the Platinum but rather the standard version that cost $500. I felt the thickness of the Line-X and Ford liner were about the same. I like how the Ford liner has the Ford oval sprayed in.

The Line-X liner removed the bed bolts and later reinstalled. The Ford liner goes over the bolts. I'm not sure why its advantageous to remove the bolts and not spray them...aside from easier removal if you wanted to take the bed off.

That said, I'm very disappointed in how slippery the Ford liner is compared to the Line-X. The Line-X guys also removed the box-links from the bed and sprayed behind...the Ford liner just sprays around them.

Here is an overhead shot of my bed with the Ford liner:

Quick Reply: LineX question