2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Deal at the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 10:19 PM
wojtek128
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deal at the dealership

Hi all...
Im curious how much people were able to negotiate the price during their purchase from MSRP. With a new redesign, car manufactures are reluctant to negotiate the price much at time of release. The savings usually show up at the end of the model year, to push the remaining cars out. I begged too differ and was confident that a deal is still to be had. I think i negotiated the price a fair amount.

Also, we see that Ford is charging an arm and a leg on financing on their newly redesigned truck....i bet we can do better.

Post your results below in this thread.

I ordered my truck custom built. MSRP $66,980.
Negotiated the price down to $60,250

On financing, ford offers 6.9% for 60 months. Chase bank approved my financing at 2.39% for 60 months.

I definitely think it pays to shop around for rates folks!

Old 10-19-2016, 10:22 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I think that getting at least invoice price minus any rebates is a good spot especially for a new vehicle that has just come out.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:40 PM
SBC
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't you have to finance with ford to get the $1000 rebate? I paid invoice minus any available rebates(at least I will if ford would just build the dam thing)

Old 10-19-2016, 11:11 PM
wojtek128
Freshman User
I think that the rebates are insignificant compared to the interest rate...if you can get financing from another bank get it! my rate of 2.39% over 6.9% gives me a saving of approximately $5000.00 over the life of the loan....(total Interest of 8K down to 3K) so that's where the big saving comes in...much better then the $1000 rebate.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:18 AM
Jace2016
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finance with Ford, get the $1000 rebate, 30 days later refinance your loan wherever you want for a lower rate.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:17 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The $1k right now is just a ford Rebate, not tied to financing. I originally had a deal worked out for $1k under invoice (minus any rebates or anything else etc...was about 8% under MSRP) but after learning about the EAA $750 bonus cash...joined the EAA, used x-plan, applied the $750, plus the $1k ford bonus cash, plus a $500 student discount that is being offered right now (my DW is working on another degree). This raised the price of the new truck, but my dealer reshuffled the trade figures, which decreased the delta between the two vehicles, and in the end we both come out farther ahead because ford is covering the $750 tied to EAA. Puts a few more bucks in his pocket too, they're not making a mint on me so I'm glad to be able to do this.

Lastly, my truck is still at the convoy lot on this end, after having come off the train from KTP. Should arrive early to mid next week.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Will someone show me where it says Ford Motor Credit is required to get the advertised rebates?

Old 10-20-2016, 06:25 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 423 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
Will someone show me where it says Ford Motor Credit is required to get the advertised rebates?
Is isn't currently. However, Ford will regularly offer rebates that ARE tied to financing.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:04 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Is isn't currently. However, Ford will regularly offer rebates that ARE tied to financing.
Right. there was a $500 ford motor credit rebate that expired at the beginning of october...but FMC's rates are CRAZY. As mentioned above you'd lose 10x the savings over the $500...over the life of the loan. Plus, you'd be underwater vs interest the whole time, unless you applied a down payment (or qualifying trade...two ways to skin that cat) =/> the amount of interest you'd pay....and that only really matters if you plan to keep the truck for the length of the loan...which by the looks of it, a lot of us do....but many of us do not. LOL Fair amount of crystal ball lookery here.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:29 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Thanks, and exactly. The tie was "Either 2.9% rate or $1000 cash back." Your choice. Because it has to do with the cost of the vehicle the Ford Motor Credit administrates the programs and controls which may be used individually or in conjunction with each other. But the $1000 cash back is available as long as you don't take the reduced rate financing.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:01 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There are always exceptions but generally a dealership makes as much at the beginning of the year as we do at the end. The difference is the money from Ford. Right now the '16s have 0% which is the game changer, but otherwise, the rebate difference is only $2500 for non Ford banks plus the model price increases. For my money, I'd rather have the new one.

Currently there are no incentives tied to financing with Ford, so the dealer should be able to get you a much better rate.

Also, posting pricing sounds like a fun way to compare, but its nearly impossible to compare that way as states have different laws on how things are advertised. It's no where near as simple MSRP vs what you paid when you're looking across state lines. Too many other factors.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:42 AM
Robmiezer
Senior User

Thinking of starting a new thread for Frantz. Maybe I should call it Your dealer price, what is invoice, X-plan vs I am a professional negotiator, my deal is better than yours.

Then lets start the best oil thread or got 30mpg (in neutral going down hill for 10 miles).

Last edited by Robmiezer; 10-20-2016 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-20-2016, 01:27 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Haha! I try to be very open to you folks but I try to stay away from specifics on pricing because even I don't know all the variables for what you guys see. You really could have the identical truck at one place but it at X plan and spend more than someone else who gets it at invoice. And then the next place down the road it's the opposite. The good news is, all the figures should be within a grand of each other regardless of where you are and you'll probably never really know which is which unless you get loan documents from each place to compare. Even then, a Ford warranty is better than some third party warranties, but worse than others. And GAP insurance! Sure your insurance company will sell it to you cheaper, but how interested are they going to be in totaling the car now that they carry the full burden? They say its not taking into consideration, but I believe that as much as I believe any salesman. Whats the risk worth? Doc fees, prep fees, full tank of fuel vs holding out. Mark up on accessories, free car washes. My personal fav, a good salesperson who wants you to be happy vs the guy who doesn't care if something happens once you drive of the lot. Then Ford changes the price throughout the year, so an older truck has a lower price. Sometimes aged inventory has extra rebates from Ford to boot (currently I think it's only on Transits).

Old 10-21-2016, 09:17 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Frantz
Haha! I try to be very open to you folks but I try to stay away from specifics on pricing because even I don't know all the variables for what you guys see. You really could have the identical truck at one place but it at X plan and spend more than someone else who gets it at invoice. And then the next place down the road it's the opposite. The good news is, all the figures should be within a grand of each other regardless of where you are and you'll probably never really know which is which unless you get loan documents from each place to compare. Even then, a Ford warranty is better than some third party warranties, but worse than others. And GAP insurance! Sure your insurance company will sell it to you cheaper, but how interested are they going to be in totaling the car now that they carry the full burden? They say its not taking into consideration, but I believe that as much as I believe any salesman. Whats the risk worth? Doc fees, prep fees, full tank of fuel vs holding out. Mark up on accessories, free car washes. My personal fav, a good salesperson who wants you to be happy vs the guy who doesn't care if something happens once you drive of the lot. Then Ford changes the price throughout the year, so an older truck has a lower price. Sometimes aged inventory has extra rebates from Ford to boot (currently I think it's only on Transits).
I think that gap insurance is one thing a lot of people overlook especially with these high priced vehicles! That is a good point about your insurance carrier or gap at Ford. Since i am a Credit union member I can usually get gap insurance at a better rate. Frantz...doesn't the dealership get a good commission from selling gap?

Old 10-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Ratray
New User
Ordered a 350, SRW, LB, KR from Saxon Fleet Sales. List was $79,840.00. Paying (when it arrives) $70,260.00. Best any local dealer would do was $75,634.32. Also got 1.9% from my Credit Union. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Quick Reply: Deal at the dealership