2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Quad beam LED Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 01:40 AM
Drivin79
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad beam LED Headlamps

Ordering my lariat ultimate: two part question. You have to order the BLIS blind spot monitor system (60B) to get the LEDs so what's the additional price on that. Secondly came in and got a rough quote and everything is pretty spot on from what everyone else is pricing. Getting X plan pricing, is there any negotiating below this price? Anyone had any luck. When the trucks start getting delivered, traditionally are there any incentives from ford on new model year trucks? Thanks all! Love the forum!

Old 04-24-2016, 02:08 AM
Drivin79
New User
Another question. My dealer said the power running boards were included with the lariat ultimate package. I'm seeing other people getting charged for this with the ultimate. Is the dealer wrong?

Old 04-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think...and what I can see..They are an OPTION on a Lariat....BUT....you have to get the Lariat Ultimate Package. So you are charged extra for the steps. The steps aren't in the 96U package....but you have to get that package to get the steps (which you pay for) Make sense?? Dealer should have told you "You have to HAVE the Lariat Ultimate Package to GET the steps as an option".

Old 04-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
My dealer is having trouble seeing the LED headlights option in the ordering system last I heard from him Friday..

Old 04-24-2016, 01:47 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by Drivin79
Ordering my lariat ultimate: two part question. You have to order the BLIS blind spot monitor system (60B) to get the LEDs so what's the additional price on that. Secondly came in and got a rough quote and everything is pretty spot on from what everyone else is pricing. Getting X plan pricing, is there any negotiating below this price? Anyone had any luck. When the trucks start getting delivered, traditionally are there any incentives from ford on new model year trucks? Thanks all! Love the forum!
In addition to the Lariat Ultimate package, you must buy BLIS in order to get the LEDs. The invoice cost for that is only $496. The reason is because they only make the LED tail lamps with the BLIS radar already built in.

You might be able to get the dealer to knock a couple hundred more dollars off below x plan or invoice price because they are still making about 3% of the invoice price and are really doing nothing to earn the sale.

I'm guessing demand will exceed supply initially and there will be no rebates.

The LEDs are available. Good luck

Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the LED is gonna be a very popular option.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:33 PM
PFG
Senior User
Anyone know how easily/not-easily it would be to upgrade to LEDs after the fact?

And the other side of the coin...how expensive.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:42 PM
Drivin79
New User
Originally Posted by PFG
Anyone know how easily/not-easily it would be to upgrade to LEDs after the fact?

And the other side of the coin...how expensive.

I think right now orders are just sitting in the system so it shouldn't mater on going in and changing it. LED is $990ish and BLIS system is another $400ish have to be bought together.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Drivin79
New User
Originally Posted by Kenv
I think...and what I can see..They are an OPTION on a Lariat....BUT....you have to get the Lariat Ultimate Package. So you are charged extra for the steps. The steps aren't in the 96U package....but you have to get that package to get the steps (which you pay for) Make sense?? Dealer should have told you "You have to HAVE the Lariat Ultimate Package to GET the steps as an option".
Yeah my dealer must have it wrong then. He said you automatically get them. Damn.... Gunna add a couple more $$$

Old 04-24-2016, 11:52 PM
Drivin79
New User
Originally Posted by Kenv
Yup. Makes sense. It sucks because I would be happy with the Lariet economy package put just want to add the LED lights. Don't want Nav and don't want the moon roof!!!

Old 04-25-2016, 03:27 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Drivin79
Yup. Makes sense. It sucks because I would be happy with the Lariet economy package put just want to add the LED lights. Don't want Nav and don't want the moon roof!!!
Certainly you can buy the LED headlamp and tail lamp units and they will install in place afterwards. The problem is probably wiring for controls. In all likelihood the harnesses will not be the same. Controls for high beam, low beam, etc will probably require different wiring. Computer programming might be required. The taillights have BLIS in them, so you can be guaranteed the wiring is different in the back.

Research to see if anyone has converted a 2015 F-150 from halogens to LED; process on the SD will be identical.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
PFG
Senior User
Yes I meant after the fact, like Trover just described. Similar concerns.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by PFG
Yes I meant after the fact, like Trover just described. Similar concerns.
I found aftermarket LED headlight kits for the 2015+ F-150 online for a couple of hundred dollars. What I saw looked good, but quality might be poor. Most of these aftermarket kits are from China.

I'm betting the aftermarket will come in pretty strong here. LEDs are cheaper and easier than HID / xenon lights. Bi-xenon lights require a motorized shutter, a ballast, the bulb, and a projector housing or suitable reflector. The LED is just a semiconductor chip and diode. Yes, there are optics needed to prevent glare, but these are fixed.

Ford OEM will probably be the best, but right now the cost is very exorbitant.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:10 PM
Drivin79
New User
Ok talked to dealer again today and he SWEARS the remote step bars are included on the Lariet ultimate package.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:15 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are NOT listed in the Lariet Ultimate Package on the online order guide. Maybe there has been a change to the guide already...but I doubt it. Why doesn't he show you on the computer where it shows avail...or show you on the printed order guide...where is doesn't show.....LOL

Quick Reply: Quad beam LED Headlamps