Mileage: 218000
Color: Vermillon Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
Color: Red
Engine: 7.3 Turbo Diesel

I have finally decided to part with my truck, Big Red. He has served me well over the years and gone through lots of changes along the way. Here's his description:

2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4
(Currently has 217,472 miles)

7.3 Turbo Diesel (Upgraded: Turbo, Injectors, Tuning-DP Tuner (live tuned), 4” SS Exhaust, Bellowed Up pipes, Fuel System, HPOP, LPOP, Valve Springs, Crankshaft Damper, Intercooler & Boots, Transmission, Trans Cooler) New Radiator, Degas Bottle, Water pump, Fan Clutch, Alternator, Hi Pressure Oil Hoses & O-rings, Valve Seals, Glow Plugs & GPR

Autometer "Phantom" Boost, Trans Temp, EGT Gauges in Painted A-pillar Mount
3.73 Gear Ratio Axles (Detroit True Trac in Rear; Open in Front) Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Energy Suspension Bushing Kit on Front Sway Bar
Rebuilt Front End with Greasable Ball Joints; Reman Front Brake Calipers
NAPA Ceramix Brake Pads and Slotted/Drilled Rotors on all four
Leveling leaf Spring added to Front Axle; HD Springs in Rear (F350 SRW) Sat level with my Fifth Wheel Camper loaded
Fifth Wheel Hitch Rails in Bed (will include Sliding 5th Whl Hitch for Short Bed app) Additional 7 Way RV Wiring Socket in bottom of L/R stake pocket
285/75R16 Hankook Dyna Pro ATm Tires on MB Motorsports V-Drive 16x8.5 Rims (“one up” oversize; Speedometer recalibrated for larger tires) Tires replaced ~ 1 yr ago
Lone Star Front Bumper Grille Guard; Iron Horse Rear Bumper
EGR Bug Shield on hood and Vent Shades on doors
Kenwood KDC-HD548U Hi Def Radio with single CD player and auxiliary input/USB ports; Kenwood and Infinity speakers (front and rear)
Covercraft Seat Saver seat covers, Huskyliner Floor Mats (Front and Rear) Husky Universal Mud Flaps, C-Betr spot mirrors
Bushwacker Fender Flares , TSC diamond plate aluminum chest type Tool Box
Spray In Bed Liner, Bull Ring tie downs in stake pockets
Probably a few other things I forgot to mention

Transmission and related parts, have ~15k miles on them and the glow plugs/GPR, turbo, radiator, and other cooling system parts were replaced within the last year.

I also have various spare parts that I can include with the purchase. Contact me, by PM or at mueckster@yahoo.com, for more details and any questions you may have.
I can provide more pictures later. I wasn't able to upload the some of the current ones on my computer. It may be easier to email the pics. It has also had a few camera shots in Diesel World magazine when I attended the Riffraff East event over the last several years. It made just over 450 rwhp on the NLTD dyno last year.

Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Hate to see you get rid of it Roland but someone will be getting an awesome truck for a good deal. So I take it your not going to RRE 2014? If I had the money I would def buy it. I'm sure it wont last long.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:47 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Rob. Don't count me out of RRE just yet. I may not have Big Red at that time, but I will do my darndest to make it there.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:36 AM
Tailgate77478
Laughing Gas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You forgot upgraded valve springs. Yes its a sweeeet truck. Someone is going to be awfully happy with that baby.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:46 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Tailgate77478
You forgot upgraded valve springs. Yes its a sweeeet truck. Someone is going to be awfully happy with that baby.
It's listed, Mark. Right after LPOP. I sure there's some interest, but no contacts made yet. I'd like some feedback. Come on, guys, let me know your thoughts.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:16 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roland personally I think BigRed is a bada$$ truck that is underpriced for what is out there in that price range. The list of upgrades and modds are impressive. I also think a 450hp+ 7.3 for $15k is a great deal!!
Someone that has done their homework and has cash in pocket will be lucky to own BigRed.

I think when you are really ready for BigRed to have a new home you should run a ad with Auto Trader picture book or online. Because I'll bet some guy on the other end of the country will end up buying it. I'm surprised one of our Aussie brothers haven't shown interest since they are hard to find there. But then again they do drive on the wrong side of the road.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Tailgate77478
Laughing Gas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really, the truck is FREE. You're just paying for Roland's mods. It's a steal of a deal on a very well-taken-care-of truck. I'm shocked Roland is selling it. But I suppose after climbing Mt. Everest (AKA building up Big Red to where he is today), now Roland has to look to what other challenges are out there to conquer.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:40 PM
F250_JR
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never mind... was logged into the wrong account.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:43 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Roland, that was actually me in the above post... I was logged into Benjamin's account to post his truck as being sold.

Anyway...

I know that your mods are well done and that the truck is worth what you're asking... to someone... and I REALLY don;t want to be a wet blanket or a discouragement, Roland...

BUT...

... Benjamin just went through H**L trying to sell his stock truck and could not even get a single nibble... even when he lowered the price to $5,000. He ended up accepting $3,000 for trade-in value because he was not willing to wait! And the worst part of it is that he just paid $4200 to get his transmission rebuilt a little over a year ago!! If I had the spare money, I would have bought it myself and just waited for it to sell at a higher price, but I just could not swing it right now.

Granted, Benjamin's truck was pretty much stock, but it certainly was worth at least 3x what he ended up getting for it!

In conjunction with what Benjamin experienced, I've been seeing the prices on our trucks dropping BIG TIME within 200 miles of Birmingham over the last couple of months (modded, not modded, exceptionally well-maintained, etc.). The only ones which are bringing in higher prices are super lifted ones with monster tires, and when I say "higher prices", I mean something like $9,000-$14,000.

Three months ago, I could have sold my own truck for $10,000. Now, I would be extremely surprised to get more than $5,000 to $6,000 around here. It makes me really tempted to take advantage of this down market around here, and pull the trigger to use a short term loan to get the '02-'03 4WD I want to replace my truck with, but I'm honestly afraid of how long it might take to get my existing truck sold (and yes, it will be another 7.3 CC, but with 4WD and lower miles).

I wish you the best, Roland, and I hope that what I'm seeing around here is not happening where you are located. If it's happening there, too, though, I'm afraid that you're going to be sorely disappointed in the final sales price.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:33 PM
89LX306
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Roland,

I realize the market may have changed since I sold mine, but I got most of my calls from Craigslist. You will have to sort through the junk, but I got calls from all over the country (as far away as Oregon) on my truck. I listed it on Craigslist for $15k and sold it in 6 days to a guy in Conroe. On a side note...my truck is now back in Richmond.

Kyle

Old 07-03-2014, 11:32 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
It looks like it may be time to place a Craigslist ad. I don't seem to be getting much feedback here. I did get a few interested parties, but none are ready to follow through at this time and most were from out of state. I was hoping to keep Big Red in "the family".

Old 07-24-2014, 08:05 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Reasonable offers being accepted.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,310 Likes on 1,739 Posts
What are you going to replace it with?

And after all that work rebuilding your own transmission, etc?

Old 08-11-2014, 08:11 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
What are you going to replace it with?

And after all that work rebuilding your own transmission, etc?
I've already purchased a '13 F150 Super Crew 4x4. I've had it for several months now and its really "growing on me".

I have invested a lot of myself (and money) in Big Red. I couldn't let him go for "trade-in value". As Mark said, I've kind of reached a plateau with Big Red. I have done many things that make him better than when he left the factory. It would take more time and money to take him to a higher level. Right now, I just don't have the time. "I'm finished" and just ready to move on.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:22 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
SOLD!!! He has found his new home. He now lives close by and I will still have visitations.