View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Posting Guru

BadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to behold
Differents in Factory ford and Alcoa Aluminum wheels ??

I have a e99 F350 drw with factory ford # aluminum 5spoke 16' wheels and want to who made them rims for ford ? Is the Alcoa aluminum 5spoke 16' rim a better rim ? The reason I ask is a just got a set of Alcoa used. I plan to use the better of two sets wheels in the front and plan to replace the 2 steel wheels in back so I can have 4 aluminum in back. And the last issue I have one rear rim that has been welded (inside when the tire was off the wheel ) and I can still see a crack on outside ( looks like a scratch until I sanded and painted the wheels) on the dish side across one spoke. I have marked the rim and checked to see if it is getting worst. But the crack is same and rim holds air. I just don't like the idea of driving with a repaired wheel. I read somewhere that some 16' spoke aluminum rims were recalled ? Anyone ever hear about that or had this problem?