Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Differents in Factory ford and Alcoa Aluminum wheels ??
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Postmaster

BadDogKuzz has much to be proud ofBadDogKuzz has much to be proud ofBadDogKuzz has much to be proud ofBadDogKuzz has much to be proud ofBadDogKuzz has much to be proud ofBadDogKuzz has much to be proud ofBadDogKuzz has much to be proud ofBadDogKuzz has much to be proud of
Differents in Factory ford and Alcoa Aluminum wheels ??

I have a e99 F350 drw with factory ford # aluminum 5spoke 16' wheels and want to who made them rims for ford ? Is the Alcoa aluminum 5spoke 16' rim a better rim ? The reason I ask is a just got a set of Alcoa used. I plan to use the better of two sets wheels in the front and plan to replace the 2 steel wheels in back so I can have 4 aluminum in back. And the last issue I have one rear rim that has been welded (inside when the tire was off the wheel ) and I can still see a crack on outside ( looks like a scratch until I sanded and painted the wheels) on the dish side across one spoke. I have marked the rim and checked to see if it is getting worst. But the crack is same and rim holds air. I just don't like the idea of driving with a repaired wheel. I read somewhere that some 16' spoke aluminum rims were recalled ? Anyone ever hear about that or had this problem?