View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 11:19 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck
Received 102 Likes on 55 Posts
I went to college, even hung around two year's extra and got a Master's Degree.... but I spent more time teaching myself to weld and wrench, and running around Texas trying to be a rodeo cowboy than I spent in a classroom. I got a bunch of scars and had all kinds of "real life experiences" like you sound like you want while I was there.

College isn't for everyone, but before you decide it's not for you figure what you CAN do while you're in college. It's not like you have to be a book nerd hanging out in the library 24/7 to be successful at the school part of it, I knew several guys who ran their own side businesses to pay their way through, or got degrees aimed at helping them supplement professional skills they either had or learned while they were in school (my buddy got a mechanical engineering degree so he could move up from fitting pipe to designing projects he used to build). Just pay the money as long as you're getting learned up on something you care about and you think it's worth what you're spending, and don't worry about the piece of paper you get when it's over.