View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
johnkn
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tylus, do you actually have a magnaflow system on your Expedition? your signature reads "bone stock'. ???

Jettix2, here's a cut and paste from a previous thread on my experiance with Magnaflow on an Expedition:

"I would suggest running (not walking) away from Magnaflow on an Expedition. I had their 3" mandrel bent cat-back on my 2005 and couldn't stand the drone. Mine you, I like loud, and have flowmasters, spintechs, and Corsa on my original Shelby GT350, BOSS302, Paxton Viper, etc. and straight pipes on one Harley, but the Magnaflow didn't work well in a daily driver Expedition IMO. I beleive the main issue is the large box-like interior volumn which amplifies the drone. I've driven F-150s with a similar setup and they weren't bad, probably because the muffler was beyond the smaller cab and interior, but I just couldn't stand it in the Exp. The drone was from like 1700 to 2100 rpm, or 55-75 mph. Ended up cutting out the 2 month old Magnaflow high dollar muffler, throwing the POS in the trash, and replacing it with a Stainless works muffler. Still a little drone, but tollerable for a DD. Good luck.. "

Stainless works has a bolt on system for the new Expeditions.