Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by faster
I'm not complaining at all just relating what I'm getting. I still haven't figured out why it goes up over 70mph, must be coming up on a sweet spot on the cam.

Now if you really want to hear whining here goes;

I have a 625 horsepower at the crank high 10 second 3600# street car that gets 17 city and 25 hwy with an overdrive trans.

There are guys cruising the streets in 55-57 Chevy shoe boxes that weigh 2 tons have 650-700+ inch motors making 1600-1800 horsepower running high 6's at 200+mph getting 15 cty 25 hwy mpg towing a small trailer around to the events and tires a whole lot bigger than mine.

The technology is out there and I'm just getting started with it. I'll get my F250SD with a gas motor to make 400 crank horspower and 450 ft.lbs. of torque and still get 20+ mpg average. I will then tell you how to do it.

The technology has been out there for almost a decade and the car companies are still in bed with the petroleum companies screwing us.

25+ years ago Popular Science published Smokey Unich's report of taking a 2.2 liter Chrysler four cylinder and getting 345 reliable horsepower at 45 mpg on pump gas. He was just scratching the surface and Chrysler then proceeded to kill it. God only knows what could be done with a diesel.

Google alcohol fuel and read the reports coming out of the top engineering schools for the last decade. 30% better fuel mileage and 30% more power from alky on engines specifically designed to run alky with no power adders. Add superchaging/turbocharging and the sky's the limit These flex fuel engines are a joke. You can make 4-5 liters of alky in your garage for $1.25/gallon/day with an old 30 gallon hot water tank.

Again we're getting hosed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay I'll get off my soapbox now
Mikey
Here you go....you left this at home this morning:

JL