View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RobertH
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't heard of transmission leaks due to changing to Synthetic. Have heard of this for the engines a lot.

I would think that once we use Semi-Synthetic, it would move to Full Synthetic and not have any leak issues since the cleaning is very good on Semi-Synthetic over a conventional oil.

If I understood the Mercon vs Mercon V the Mercon V is a Semi-Synthetic. So far, after I think about 90K miles since I switched, no leaks on the Mercon V.

Also, based upon how clean the internal visible parts and pan are when I remove drop the pan, it makes me think I should be safe to switch to Full synthetic and not fear a leak.

Any thoughts on that philosophy?

X-Hemi, interesting how they say screen? The filter material appears to be a polyester type material and not a fiberglass or metal type screen as one would think is like your windows on the house. Back Flushing will just push the dirt back into the system, so I personally run hard when I hear responses like that from a dealership or any service provider!

There can't be anything better than dropping the pan, remove the dirty filter and put in a new one, then do the flush. I just don't get the mentality of not following common logic in proper maintenance.