View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Hola Man
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by postman524
Accept the current 6.2L for what it is. It produces very good HP/torque numbers, it gets comparable gas mileage to most everything else out there and will probably prove to be a very good and durable engine. If you are worried about being outdated, you'll never be satisfied. Everything currently out there right now regardless of brand or engine will be outdated within several years. Heck, even the famed Eco-Boost will see changes after a few years. They will probably come out with a 3 or 4 valve 6.2 in a few years and it may be a somewhat better engine than the current 6.2 (and most likely more expensive) but within a few years after that they will come out with something better than the 3 valve 6.2. Unless you buy a new truck every 2-3 years you will never stay ahead of the game. That's why am buying a 2011 F250 w/ a 6.2L engine, it's plenty of truck for me and probably will last for years with the limited mileage I'll be putting on it. You can't live in the future.
Take a look at this shootout: 2010 V-6 Work Truck Shootout - PickupTrucks.com Special Reports The Ford V6 totally blows away it's competition in EVERY way. Fuel economy, pulling power, passing power, you name it, the Ford won it. It's a 4 valve spanking it's 2 valve competition in every way and it is the BASE ENGINE! Why couldn't have Ford done the same thing with the 6.2 vs. it's competition? Why not beat the competition like they did with the 3.7 instead of merely meeting it like they did with the 6.2? Why didn't Ford hit it out of the park with the 6.2 like they did with the base engine? Is it because Ford wants to sucker us all into buying brand new trucks only to spring a 4 valve on us in a few years so we will all run out and buy a "brand new" truck again in a few years? It's a new form of planned obsolescence. Let's see, there was the first 5.4, then the "PI" 5.4, then the 3 valve 5.4, there was also a 4 valve version in the Navigator but only after they had sold them for several years with a 2 valve 5.4. Well I for one ain't falling for it. I think I'll sit this round out. Maybe the next one too.
Regards, Eric