View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
gearloose1
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When questions of technical specifications, engineering and validation turn into religious debates over faith, who to believe, and gospel that is sent by non public email to believers (and not published for the general public)....

I think I have then answer I need.

I will wait for a reputable independent laboratory with the proper equipment to run actual tests and publish the results before I decide to deviate from the original design.

Originally Posted by 2006lariat
! O I will install one as many others have and report on it as long as I own the truck, just let me get my $ in order! I also havent heard of 1 failure or any other complaints because of the 58!

Install it.

Be an alpha test site.

Be my guest.

So far, people who have tried the 58v mod have pretty mixed results -- ranging from no difference to codes --- separating the ones who just did the voltage and not additional software tuning.

Oh yes, I like my chassis mounted FICM just fine.

And my beast will be running long after many trucks on here are scrapped.

It is orders of magnitude more reliable than the engine mounted part.

Yes... I have a standing request for Ford to come up with a derated tune for the 6.7 so I can get more life out of that motor!

If there is a way for me to do a programmed cylinder de-activation to get more fuel economy (technically possible with a newly designed and programmed FICM), I would do that too!

Right now, the back-of-the envelope economy gain from a programmed cylinder deactivation with 4-6-8 arrangement is yielding about a 10 to 15% estimated fuel savings --- nearly worthwhile to try.

I am optimizing for longevity and fuel economy.

To date, I have the miles to prove reliability.