Old 02-15-2011, 01:21 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
Hi Grigg. For guys needing to be rid of their widowmakers these are the best option. I've mentioned these when asked both here and in private emails. But I think it's a shame that sometimes shipping costs get in the way of these wheels getting into the hands that need them. Did your GMC guy, Grigg, get your other set?

I've still got the lock ring 20s I saved from the crusher a year or so ago probably for the same above reason. And just about an hour ago got a phone call from a friend in Oklahoma who was standing in a yard (65° and sunny) looking at a set of 5 x 8" lock ring 20s sitting there, already off the truck, wondering if he should haul them home. I mentioned this thread to him, and I think he decided to leave them sitting right where they are. But he'll know where to go get them if somebody who lives close is interested. Josh Madsen had the same experience with all the lock rings that he saved a while back. Hopefully as spring comes, and guys start back to working on their big trucks, we can find homes for these safer wheels and get a few more widowmakers out of circulation. Stu