View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:26 AM
lauraj
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 F350 6.0 Power problems

Hubby is complaining his truck isn't making power like it used to. In the last few month have had several repairs.

First, some sort of throttle sensor went out and it would not start. replaced.

Then, low power, turbo lag, unusual shifting. took to dealer. They took apart the turbo, cleaned and rebuilt. Replaced the EGR valve. Ran better, but still not 100%. Several months later, power problems are getting noticable. Take back to dealer, they find CAC tubes are leaking and replace. Dealer says runs a little rough when cold, but ok after warm up. I go to pick up and it won't go! It was worse than when I brought it in. Turbo won't make above 20psi and that takes forever to kick in. Barely accelerates, etc... won't shift right. I take right back to dealer and tell him something awful is wrong and I will not take truck back to hubby.

Further testing reveals two injectors not working. They cleaned connectors on one injector and repalce one. Start engine next morning ( says they are only "seeing" the bad injectors on a cold start), and find the injector with the cleaned connectors bad plus a third. Replace. I pick up truck. Runs much better, but not sure 100%. Take back to hubby. He is complaining about it again. Says there is still a lag sometimes when trying to go from stop and not shifting right.

Dealer says we need to use Cetane and will help turbo problems. We live in Houston area. Weather has been very cold lately. BTW, hubby tends to let truck idle a lot in the morning when getting ready to leave for work - I read in the diesel supp that this is not good. He says should not matter....

He thinks it is in the torque converter?? Anybody out there have ideas?? We are at 85000 miles and warranty on powertrain up at 100,000, so I need to figure it out while still on Ford's dime.

Thanks

Laura
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->